M104 300e-24

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
hm

what about a 3.6 bottom end? ;)

If you are gonna go with another engine block might as well go for the 3.6 and be done with it.

I did it because it's a bolt together swap, no machining of pistons and crankshaft ect. Also I prefer to keep the cis injection and manual gearbox, over the later hfm engine management system.

How much you reckon you got out of it HP-wise?

I've never put mine on a rolling road to test it, but I think just putting that together took it to around 245hp. I have done a few other mods besides that to my engine, so I would say I have between 255 and 265hp at the moment.

Once I finish the ITB conversion, and an equal length exhaust manifold, I will take it to a rolling road to get a true reading done. I'd like to see over 300hp out of it.

Nice, not bad at all. Aside from the 36 bottom end you have a sports filter and a free-flow exhaust right? Or did I miss any other mods.

So far it has:

k & n panel filter.
Remus rear exhaust box.
The exhaust resonator has been taken out.
Later hfm stainless steel exhaust manifolds fitted.
The ports in the cylinder head have been polished a little.
The inlet manifold, and gasket has been port matched to the head.
A few "fine adjustments" to the cis system.
The air fuel mixture has been set slightly richer than normal.
Magnecor ignition leads.
F7dc spark plugs.
MSD uprated ignition coil.
Older "Solid state" flywheel swap.

One thing I forgot to mention, is that with the 300-24 head on the c36 block you get a compression ratio of 10.5-1

Or you could keep the engine stock, and turbo charge it.

No, I want a NA engine.
And before you know it my car will be on your lawn with its hood up and a crate with a 36 bottom in it. Drink up your f.ookin. tea and get your ar.se out here, put on a pair of good working gloves ;)

Last edited:
hehe

You cant :D

Seriously though, If the bottom end of the engine is fine Im gonna leave it as is for now and do a top end/CIS refresh and some other small bits and just enjoy it as mercedes intended for a season or two.

But as the saying goes, with great power.... comes even greater power :D

The bottom end will be fine. As long as you enjoy driving it, that's the main thing. :thumb:

I wont steer the thread towards Brabus, and Carlsson replicas tonight.;)

Last edited:
Plane tickets ordered, going to barcelona next week and if it is as described it looks like its coming home!

hmm

Any particular tubular manifold companies you guys recommend?
What would the approx gain be on such an installation? 2%? 4%?

Hi

You can buy them off the shelve in Europe, not CHEAP!!! so its a question of how much you love your engine and how much you are willing to invest.

Manifolds are made by RC Racing

Hubtraum Exclusives Autozubehör

These are for left hooker cars so they have very good flow due to no restrictions caused by the steering box.

Expect small gains in HP for the $$$$

mazza

Here's a crude Google translation with some mods by me.
Manifold Mercedes 300E 24V 220HP, year 1989-03/1994
KCE177

Manufacturer: RC Racing

Type: Manifold for Series catalyst without approval
Material: Stainless steel
Engine Type: 104,992, up VIN: C122914

Treat yourself and your car more torque and horsepower.
Manifold of RC Racing fit fitted as standard vehicles and will be built with a high degree of quality.

RC Racing Headers are made to order.
Please note that the delivery time can be up to 12 weeks.
If you urgently need the manifold please send us an email in advance.
Questions we are happy for you after delivery.

Manifold as a basic building block for engine tuning -
or - "Applied road Tuning Stage 1"

The manifold has often been subject to much.
For some it is a completely unnutzes accessory in the engine compartment, the only costs money, lots of promises and nothing brings out costs.
For others it is the phenomenon that a standard vehicle makes an allowed for the road touring car,
which is the driver for installation of such a tube at the first contact with the accelerator pedal disconnects from the seat rails.
The manifold is neither.

It is a basic building block for further performance gains, but he can not work miracles.
He can only be as good as the parts in front of him and the parts to allow him.
In other words, a manifold alone can only bring a performance increase which is within the tolerance range,
the TÜV accepted without hesitation, i.e. up to 5% - vehicles with the standard cylinder head (the part in front) and standard exhaust system (the part after).
If one of the parts, such as the exhaust system is changed, it has larger passages, there is less back pressure
and the unit "plus fan pipe exhaust system" achieved by an increase in output, which can be increased up to 10%.

What does the manifold?
In a standard engine that caused by the combustion gases are collected in a short cast manifold,
thereby inevitably heated by the material and removed after a short storage time of one or two outlet pipes to the cylinder head
in the subsequent exhaust system, which is then in the further course of the exhaust gas is predetermined by special designs.
I.e. the cast manifold is a kind of heat storage, which is constantly under heat and exhaust gas pressure.
This means that the power that is generated by the engine, can not flow out as it could if it had run free.

The fan tube now allows the resulting gases evenly and quickly, without thermal storage and closet space, in the order
as they come out of the cylinder head, abzuströmen because each cylinder head output has its own outlet pipe that is connected directly to the cylinder head.
This single outlet pipes are combined after performance and aerodynamically tuned correctly equal lengths of pipe in a pipe
and fed into the subsequent exhaust.

A fan tube but, in addition to the conscious performance and other benefits.
By removing the Gusskrümmers the heat decreases in the cylinder head area.
The engine is easy to start even when hot.
Due to the uniform rapid removal of gases from the cylinder head area creates a faster and better combustion process,
from a reduction in energy intake (ie gasoline) arises. I.e. economically, go give less gas, with more power.

So power gain of 5-10% with a free flow xhaust but remember that's through out the rev range not just at the top. Best to check with the manaufacturer it will fit a RHD car as MAZZA says!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Grober

Chicane bought himself a "rust free" ex Barcelona left hooker so its off the shelve products for him...comes at a price though!!

cheers
mazza

Hi Grober

Chicane bought himself a "rust free" ex Barcelona left hooker so its off the shelve products for him...comes at a price though!!

cheers
mazza

Ha ha I sense a scent of sarcasm in your voice there mazza!:D
Its being described as rust free, I wont know until I`ll have a look at it up on a lift next week! I`ll have a good look around you be sure of that :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom