M104 C36 pistons/rings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LowMilerAMG

Hi everyone, any body know what the best port of call is for replacement pistons/rings for this engine? Been to the dealers, they have been in contact with technical and say that neither the original pistons at 91mm or repair pistons at 91.5mm are available. I gave them the part nos which seemed to check out on EPC ok.
Standard are HWA 104 030 0518 and oversize HWA 104 030 1618.
I believe that they were manufactured by MAHLE although I could be wrong and I've tried emailing them but they don't seem to answer!
Dealer suggest contacting AMG direct but technical dept thought they were circa £800 each when they were for sale! That's over 5k with the VAT!
Any help will be much appreciated.

JE Pistons in California, Irvine manufactured a set of M103 Brabus 3.6 pistons for a customer, exact like for like. You need to send one of the pistons to them so they can do it. The price wasn't all that bad either, something around 1500 Euros. Worth getting in contact to ask them and find out more information.

Arias pistons could also be worth a call. Their uk distributor is next door but one to my workshop.

Thanks Nik, I read a post about the skirts catching the bore with those JE Pistons, not sure if it was in that brabus motor mind! Just can't understand why Mahle can't supply rings and pistons, makes no sense!

Thanks Gazz I'll bear that in mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom