m104 more power options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drift202

Car
1991 300-24te Sportline Manual
Hi looking for the best way to get 350-400hp from my 300-24vTE, is turbo the only sensible way? A supercharger is easier.....with a standalone ecu can i ring much more out of it....Any thoughts?

Drift202 said:
Hi looking for the best way to get 350-400hp from my 300-24vTE, is turbo the only sensible way? A supercharger is easier.....with a standalone ecu can i ring much more out of it....Any thoughts?
theres a turbo conversion .google it I'm sure you'll find it

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Find a old e55 cheap and fit the engine in it .;)

TT's (Mosselman & Turbo Technics) were the most common way back in the day, giving anywhere between 300-340bhp with a piggyback ECU and I understand it was not uncommon for shorter conrods to be fitted to lower the C/R. Have a search on Google as there's been from time to time kits or just exhaust manifolds for sale. Then again you'd buy a used Eaton M62 (suitable up to 4lt according to Eaton themselves) for small money in comparison but heat soak might be an issue when drifting?

Last edited:
it is for drifting, i have been considering the turbobandit single turbo manifold if i can afford it. or an eaton m62 if i cant...the turbo manifold is a work of art but quite dear. i would love to put an e55 engine in it but i need to keep it manual and thats not so easy with a v8 merc.

kond23 said:
How difficult would the wiring be for the e55 m113 move?
normally you use the same wiring from the donor car.:thumb:

Forget the old Mosselman and TT kits, they are old and chances of you finding complete kits will be a nightmare.

Turbobandit is the way to go if you want to boost your 300-24. You can select the right turbo to give you boost from low rpm (very quick spool up) and produce between 350-500bhp depending on how you set up it up. His kits are tried and tested and extremely reliable, plus with the standalone Megasquirt ECU's, you'll get much better mpg as a daily driver and further tuning capabilities compared to any of the Mosselman or TT conversions could ever give.

E55 M113 - big money and lots of chassis modifications (i.e. steering box to rack & pinion conversion so the manifold clear the steering box). The sump needs to be modified to clear the ARB. The ECU needs to be recoded and modified to work without the ABS data otherwise it'll keep going into limp mode. It can be done but its a lot of money. For that money, Turbobandit's kit will piss all over the C43/E55/C63.

PM if you want more details.

Niks said:
Forget the old Mosselman and TT kits, they are old and chances of you finding complete kits will be a nightmare. Turbobandit is the way to go if you want to boost your 300-24. You can select the right turbo to give you boost from low rpm (very quick spool up) and produce between 350-500bhp depending on how you set up it up. His kits are tried and tested and extremely reliable, plus with the standalone Megasquirt ECU's, you'll get much better mpg as a daily driver and further tuning capabilities compared to any of the Mosselman or TT conversions could ever give. E55 M113 - big money and lots of chassis modifications (i.e. steering box to rack & pinion conversion so the manifold clear the steering box). The sump needs to be modified to clear the ARB. The ECU needs to be recoded and modified to work without the ABS data otherwise it'll keep going into limp mode. It can be done but its a lot of money. For that money, Turbobandit's kit will piss all over the C43/E55/C63. PM if you want more details.
You sure about pissing all over a 55 Nick ? That's a tall order!;)

turbobandit.com
frank1.jpg

Last edited:
Niks, what sort of money are you talking about with the Turbobandit kits, would you get a totally driveable 400BHP for £4k all in?

I have seen them drifting their c36 and wasn't impressed by the way it drifted...but that's only my opinion.:thumb:

You sure about pissing all over a 55 Nick ? That's a tall order!;)

One of his guys who works in his garage has a 600bhp M103 running a TB60 Turbo.. he managed to beat a C63 coupe in a drag.

Niks, what sort of money are you talking about with the Turbobandit kits, would you get a totally driveable 400BHP for £4k all in?

It could be done if your doing all the work and tuning yourself keeping many other parts standard. His full kits start from about £8k upwards but that includes literally everything right from custom built parts (i.e. downpipes, exhaust, gearbox rebuild & strengthening, rear diff work, cooling system, Megasquirt ECU setup and tuning including the Maps he has programmed...basically everything else no one ever talks or considers apart from just Turbo's and Manifolds. Hence why he's kits are very reliable and can produce big numbers all day and night.

He's 980bhp W124 is his daily driver, drives like normal until you open it up. Again, its how the car has been setup and tuned. He's just gone over the 1000hp mark with a new aggressive cam setup :)

I have seen them drifting their c36 and wasn't impressed by the way it drifted...but that's only my opinion.:thumb:

That white C36 wasn't Turbobandits, it was a guy who called himself Drift Loco. That 3.6 engine was a nightmare from the beginning but that dude kept going at it until he ran out of money.

It could be done if your doing all the work and tuning yourself keeping many other parts standard. His full kits start from about £8k upwards but that includes literally everything right from custom built parts (i.e. downpipes, exhaust, gearbox rebuild & strengthening, rear diff work, cooling system, Megasquirt ECU setup and tuning including the Maps he has programmed...basically everything else no one ever talks or considers apart from just Turbo's and Manifolds. Hence why he's kits are very reliable and can produce big numbers all day and night.

He's 980bhp W124 is his daily driver, drives like normal until you open it up. Again, its how the car has been setup and tuned. He's just gone over the 1000hp mark with a new aggressive cam setup :)

8k all in, on the face of it doesn't seem bad value.

Forget the old Mosselman and TT kits, they are old and chances of you finding complete kits will be a nightmare.

I have a TT kit, but it's for a M103.

I've never seen or am aware of a G with a TT kit on it...so I think you should do it!

Niks said:
One of his guys who works in his garage has a 600bhp M103 running a TB60 Turbo.. he managed to beat a C63 coupe in a drag. It could be done if your doing all the work and tuning yourself keeping many other parts standard. His full kits start from about £8k upwards but that includes literally everything right from custom built parts (i.e. downpipes, exhaust, gearbox rebuild & strengthening, rear diff work, cooling system, Megasquirt ECU setup and tuning including the Maps he has programmed...basically everything else no one ever talks or considers apart from just Turbo's and Manifolds. Hence why he's kits are very reliable and can produce big numbers all day and night. He's 980bhp W124 is his daily driver, drives like normal until you open it up. Again, its how the car has been setup and tuned. He's just gone over the 1000hp mark with a new aggressive cam setup :) That white C36 wasn't Turbobandits, it was a guy who called himself Drift Loco. That 3.6 engine was a nightmare from the beginning but that dude kept going at it until he ran out of money.
The m104 in 3.6 form the tolerances are very little ,the gap between cylinders is minimal and also has a water jacket so I'm not surprised he had nothing but trouble .:thumb: Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Uprate an M103 to 400 Bhp vs buy an engine with 400 Bhp. Discuss

The traditional way would be an LS1 crate engine, wouldn't it? I think the advantage of that is that the engine will retain some value at the the end of it and won't cost a fortune to rebuild / refresh. A tuned M103 is always going to be a mongrel

If 320 Bhp will do, stick an M119 V8 in and make an E500 Estate. It would have some intrinsic value that way

I've always wanted an E500 EState...

Nick Froome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom