M112 Prefacelift CLK - What to look for

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kenam

Car
2005 CLK 320
Sorry all - I've been spamming the forum a bit recently.

A 2005/2004 CLK 320 Just popped up locally and has the M112 engine with 110k miles on it. A quick google suggests this engine is pretty decent - what should I be looking out for on inspection of this car?

Thanks again - so far this has been a great forum for help and hopefully I can pay it forward soon!

Rust. Galvanised by that year but rear arches still go. Read about 203 rear subframes getting rusty but my clk only had light surface which cleaned up easily.

Clicking dash. Expensive.

General condition / maintenance. Trans fluid often neglected.

Should be very reliable.

Thanks for the info - I really appreciate it!

What is this - I see people looking at air con and other bits - or is it electrical clicking nose?
Clicking dash. Expensive.

Thanks for the info - I really appreciate it!

What is this - I see people looking at air con and other bits - or is it electrical clicking nose?
Clicking dash is usually a faulty (broken) air distribution flap motor cog and depending on which one it is it would be a dash out job to fix.

The M112 is a lovely engine. Super smooth and can really pick up its skirts when pushed.
afaik the only problem can be an oil weep from the rocker cover, and I had to change the MAF on mine - easy job.
don’t forget the engine has 12 spark plugs and the rear ones can be a pig to get at - best left to the professionals.
one thing not often appreciated is the great fuel consumption - I could get 35mpg on a good run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom