m113 camshafts vs kleemann cams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys.
Looking forward to make some mods like camshafts upgrade, headers and remapping on my w208 clk55.
Checked the kleeman camshafts and it looks like after the upgrade they giving the same power increase as the power difference between older version and the newer version of m113. Where the older is 342bhp and the newer 362bhp.
I have a question here what's makes that difference in the same model amg m113 engines? Is it the camshafts?
Thanks in advance

Kleemann's headers used to be made by Schrick for supercharged application. Doubt they will be of any help to you as they are likely to be high duration cams not high lift you want in N/A 55.

The 362bhp version 55 comes with different cams to the 342bhp one. You can try and fit them instead as they will be significantly cheaper if you buy them second hand.

That said, I doubt you will notice 20bhp increase in real life. Not for me to decide but with the money you're going to spend on the cams swap, headers and remap you're better off with either a W209 CLK55 or a E55. Substaintially bigger gains possible on the latter one.

Kleemann's headers used to be made by Schrick for supercharged application. Doubt they will be of any help to you as they are likely to be high duration cams not high lift you want in N/A 55.

The 362bhp version 55 comes with different cams to the 342bhp one. You can try and fit them instead as they will be significantly cheaper if you buy them second hand.

That said, I doubt you will notice 20bhp increase in real life. Not for me to decide but with the money you're going to spend on the cams swap, headers and remap you're better off with either a W209 CLK55 or a E55. Substaintially bigger gains possible on the latter one.

I understand what you mean mate
But buying a decent w209 is about 6-7k with a power difference just 20hp.
Where w208 55's a lot cheaper and investing the price difference between them in tuning will take me to 400 bhp that was my thoughts when I went for w208 and I hope it won't hurt too much financially but there is no cheaper way in tuning the mercs.
Give me a shout if come a cross of second hand cams please

I understand what you mean mate
But buying a decent w209 is about 6-7k with a power difference just 20hp.
Where w208 55's a lot cheaper and investing the price difference between them in tuning will take me to 400 bhp that was my thoughts when I went for w208 and I hope it won't hurt too much financially but there is no cheaper way in tuning the mercs.
Give me a shout if come a cross of second hand cams please

I have M113K cams that are extremely low miles, but as already pointed out, really not sure their for your car.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom