M113 K Long tube "headers"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alexanderfoti

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Some MB's
Hi all

Is there any way to keep the primary cats and have long tube headers? Im contemplating them in the future but dont want problems come MOT time.

In short no. Only way to keep primaries is PLM 'shorty' headers or kleeman mid length

Last edited:
You can have LTH and fit racing CATs for a couple of hundred notes if you are worried about it...

I honestly wouldn't worry about MOT. Aslong as you have some cats you will be fine.

I honestly wouldn't worry about MOT. Aslong as you have some cats you will be fine.

I forgot to mention, I dont have any secondary cats. So if I install LTH ill have no cats. I think ill go down the sports cat route, works to keep the o2 sensors happy too I think.

I forgot to mention, I dont have any secondary cats. So if I install LTH ill have no cats. I think ill go down the sports cat route, works to keep the o2 sensors happy too I think.

when I bought my car there were no cats.... thing stank especially down the motorway with window down, it was also insurance and MOT reasons I had primary ones refitted

Thats true, it would be like my bike (1990 cbr1000), no cat on that either and you arrive everywhere smelling of petrol

I am totally as Mat B here, unless things change, MOT rules wise, do not worry about MOT, my own car, has primary Cat delete, (Kleemann headers) resontatuer deleted, bespoke exhaust system with 100 cell race cats, been through last to Mercedes dealership MOTs, no problem:thumb:

What are the thoughts on short tube headers?

Short tubes work well. I had them and was very pleased and now Mick Day has them fitted.
I'm going down the long tube route myself now

Where and how much are you getting lth from? Everything I have seen has said they are a massive pain to fit on a rhd car?

eurocharged have all the details so best give them a call as I'm unsure.
Only reason for changing is a custom build with a significant power hike. The shortys were and are still good for 600bhp plus

eurocharged have all the details so best give them a call as I'm unsure.
Only reason for changing is a custom build with a significant power hike. The shortys were and are still good for 600bhp plus

Aha many thanks, I will speak to them when im there next week.

when I bought my car there were no cats.... thing stank especially down the motorway with window down, it was also insurance and MOT reasons I had primary ones refitted

Presumably it has but sas it made much difference?

I was told it made no difference...

Sounded lovely, was happy on motorways. Had x pipe done with only front cats in place now with c63 boxes, awesome but now am twitching for the headers with sports cats. Originally spec of car was 600BHP on the invoice from MSL so gather i had lost some if this by having primary cats refitted, but hope to gain some of this back with sport headers and sports cats now

Sorry - I meant once you had the primary cats refitted - did it make much difference to the smell?

I was told it made no difference.

Sorry - I meant once you had the primary cats refitted - did it make much difference to the smell?

I was told it made no difference.
Hi yes, I noticed it when driving on motorway as air con didn't initially work so windows open and was really strong, now with primary cats back smell has gone; this was my experience anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom