M113 manifold breather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IRISH E55

Car
2001 e55 amg
Hi all, I’ve been in the process of fixing a rather bad oil leak coming from a sealing “bung” at the front on the V directly below the inlet manifold
Manifold was removed and bung removed and nee one installed (eventually).....
All going well so far.
All parts were ordered so went to start doing the few little jobs yesterday before refitting the manifold like changing all the breather pipes and vacuum hoses..
This is where the 💩 has hit the fan.....
The front hose coming from the bottom of the manifold up to the changeover diaphragm was brittle and in bad nick so I went to pull it off to change it........... BIG MISTAKE
IT goes through a rather weird grommet type thing which acts as a seal for the manifold which is meant to unavailable as a separate part.......🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈
Anyone ever thought of a work around for this issue??????

HELP HELP HELP

It’s happened to me before. I did a work-around by blocking off the broken bit on the manifold with a screw and higher up on the front of the manifold was a blank over another vacuum port which i removed and put the pipe on. Technically what is inside there is a vacuum reserve chamber which holds enough vacuum for 5 actuations of the flaps without replenishment. I temporarily fitted mine straight to the solenoid with the intention of fitting a vacuum reservoir from a vw or something later, but I noticed no difference in the drive of the car at all, so I never bothered. If you pull the remains of the pipe out you will have a job sealing it again. No parts are available from merc to repair this so its going to be a bit of a bodge unless you get a new manifold complete

It’s happened to me before. I did a work-around by blocking off the broken bit on the manifold with a screw and higher up on the front of the manifold was a blank over another vacuum port which i removed and put the pipe on. Technically what is inside there is a vacuum reserve chamber which holds enough vacuum for 5 actuations of the flaps without replenishment. I temporarily fitted mine straight to the solenoid with the intention of fitting a vacuum reservoir from a vw or something later, but I noticed no difference in the drive of the car at all, so I never bothered. If you pull the remains of the pipe out you will have a job sealing it again. No parts are available from merc to repair this so its going to be a bit of a bodge unless you get a new manifold complete
I found this online so am just waiting on a reply to see if it’s still available. So fingers crossed......🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

Attachments

• 647266AA-9B94-44E7-B2E3-382169520C87.png
    647266AA-9B94-44E7-B2E3-382169520C87.png
    770 KB · Views: 10
Is this what your problem is?

You have to split the manifold in half to attach the new hose from the inside.
Culprit is to seal it correct when you put it together.
If you don't do it right your front cats can damage

Attachments

• M113 Intake manifold 1.jpg
    M113 Intake manifold 1.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 9
  • Upside down AMG M113 intake manifold.jpg
    Upside down AMG M113 intake manifold.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 10
  • M113 AMG Intake manifold 2.jpg
    M113 AMG Intake manifold 2.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 10
Nice find! That’s exactly it

Yeah that’s it!! I already have it stripped so I’ll have to see how it goes back together

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You have probably seen this , but worth watching just to see the guy's Lamb Chop bugger Grip sideburns :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom