M113 plug lead what brands?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys
Needs to change the spark plug leads on m113 w208 clk55 engine
Does anyone knows what brand ignition leads the MB dealers using?
Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's Bosch. Bosch definitely manufacturer the plug leads for the M112 3.2 V6. TT Automotive in Loughborough are a Bosch distributor and have great prices. MB quoted 125 pounds for 12 leads, TT Auto got them in for around 70 pounds I think.

mbenz1 said:
I'm pretty sure it's Bosch. Bosch definitely manufacturer the plug leads for the M112 3.2 V6. TT Automotive in Loughborough are a Bosch distributor and have great prices. MB quoted 125 pounds for 12 leads, TT Auto got them in for around 70 pounds I think.
I would need 16 of them I will give them a call first thing on Monday

I would need 16 of them I will give them a call first thing on Monday

Bosch seemed to manufacture a lot of components for MB back in the 90s. For the M112 plug leads, the MB part number is the same as the Bosch ones I think . It's been a few months now since changing the plug leads so I can't remember exactly. Bosch also manufactured the coil packs for MB. Their plug leads and coil packs have identical appearence to MB leads and coil packs for the M112.

TT Automotive are great with excellent service. They can order Bosch parts to their branch by next working day if they don't have them on shelf so you may need to ask if they can order the parts in from Bosch.

Phoned them and they said they deal only with diesel parts

Phoned them and they said they deal only with diesel parts

That's strange, unless they person you spoke to was new and didn't know they can order Bosch parts.

Ask them can they order in a Bosch part as they are a Bosch distributor. I asked them to order the parts in and no problem at all.

Just phoned them now again and the guy on the phone said I need the part numbers for the leads to order them in.
Does any one knows the part numbers for Bosch ignition leads for clk55 w208 model?
Thanks

Just phoned them now again and the guy on the phone said I need the part numbers for the leads to order them in.
Does any one knows the part numbers for Bosch ignition leads for clk55 w208 model?
Thanks

I think I rang MB and asked them for the part number. Your best bet is to search in Google 'Bosch automotive part number search' and it should take you to official Bosch website and open a search inventory - you can click HT Leads or Plug Leads then fill in your vehicle details. It should result to a part number. Let me know if you manage to find it...

I had a quick look on Bosch Automotive. The link below should direct you to a search inventory, enter your vehicle details, then click on search result, then click 'View Vehicle Equipment', ENGINE then you will see list of ignition cables.

Vehicle Search - bosch.com

It appears that there are 4 different Bosch part numbers for the ignition leads for your car. -EE 948 to -EE954. This is because of the different lead lengths your engine requires. Bosch also have a PDF that tells you what EE part number lead should be fitted to which cylinder number. By looking at that PDF, you can then order the quantities accordingly.

This is the link below, and contains details for all vehicle brands and models and engines:
Bosch Automotive Aftermarket - Ignition cables CLICK 'download product finder "ignition cables"' at the bottom of page to open PDF

Hope this helps.

Has anyone ever had an experience with German made bbt spark plugs or prospark and karyl sti
I red a good reviews about karyl sti Not much about bbt and prospark
Eurocarparts sells prospark and gsf sells bbt one
Also red not that good reviews about Bosch one few people were saying they are not as good as they used to be
An advice from experienced indy from here would be helpful please

Sorry guys meant to say spark plug wires not spark plugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom