M113 v8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cossiedave

Car
Nissan
Hi
I want to install a M113 5.0 (306bhp) engine into a ac cobra replica.

I've tried to pm carat 3.6 but as a new member I'm not allowed. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction.

I'd also want to bolt it to an appropriate gearbox

Also would I be able to use the Mercedes loom, ecu from a donor car?

It would be easier and cheaper to transplant if you had a whole running car not just the engine. If it's just the engine, I'd go standalone.

Get a 55 AMG donor. Same block dimensions wise but more fun at 5.5L.

As above, I'd use something like a Syvec to control the engine; that lets you play with a load of functions that you wouldn't have with a standard ECU.

For example; launch control, and/or ignition cut for gear change (so you can flat-shift).

Hi
I want to install a M113 5.0 (306bhp) engine into a ac cobra replica.

I've tried to pm carat 3.6 but as a new member I'm not allowed. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction.

I'd also want to bolt it to an appropriate gearbox

You can bolt it to the gearbox from an e240 manual v6 (m112), use the m112 flywheel, clutch, ect, it bolts up perfectly.

Don't bother with a donor car as you cant use the merc loom or ecu. Standalone is the way to go here.

For what your doing I would personally use the older m119 engine, but you would have to modify a manual box to fit it.

EDIT: David I've just seen your email, I'll give you a call in the next few days.:thumb:

Last edited:
The car currently has a 3.5 rover v8 devloping a whopping 152 bhp! So been looking at options, Audi 4.2 v8, BMW v8 and merc v8 to drop in as all circa 300bhp but not much info so struggling at the mo. The rover engine is expensive to upgrade and ultimately doesn't get much power.
Looks like I'll have to cruise about in the 3.5 :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom