M113K 1st gear 3000 rpm buckle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL03WLY

SUPPORTER
Car
W211 03'
Hi,

Today I experienced something wierd. When moving off in manual mode 1st gear with normal/light throttle the engine bucks down in power around 3000 rpm then comes back alive. Anyone experienced this before? Its not something I have and is the first time today.

Thanks

Are you sure it wasn't the traction control cutting power?

Assuming your car has the V 8 Kompressor engine that rpm is right in the middle of peak torque in first gear.

Yeah I tried it out again today and it did it consistently. No traction light or any warnings appeared. Ran through icarsoft and no codes stored. It onyl recently started happening not sure why. if I floor it though it doesn't buck.

What is the condition of your rear tyres?

The traction control may be cutting power but it is happening so quickly that the light isn't being illuminated?

Tyres seem ok they're not too low on tread on the rears. But this power cut happens just after 3000 rpm and only when with light throttle. If I press on it it doesn't cut. Found an old thread where I'm getting the same, but someone mentioned there a rear bush was changed but no idea what bush that person is on about

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom