M113K 'charger - replacement or rebuild required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Celicasaur

Car
W212 E63 AMG PP
Hey guys, the supercharger on my E55K seems to be on it's way out. It's doing the dreaded continual squeak - we suspect it's the rear bearings that apparently are unserviceable according to what the interweb has told me in the past, but perhaps things might have changed in recent years that I'm not aware of. Is it possible to get these units rebuilt with a fresh lease of life, or is my best bet to source a used one from eBay or a breaker? FYI it's not the front pulley bearing and that's been recently replaced anyway.

And no, I don't want to take this as an opportunity to get a Weistec upgrade o_O

I think you might need to go down the second hand route buddy? Found one on ebay, not sure if this is of any help? I think there are 2 types, slightly different gearing. Parts numbers A113 090 0580 earlier, A113 080 0280 later 👍

These guys managed to take the supercharger apart, I don't understand their language but I think you may be able to interchange the good parts around, given the ones on ebay seen better days. Try also mercedes dismantlers to👍

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks guys 🙌

Hmm seems like a bit of a fruitless one, this. I might well have to just bite the bullet and buy a good (but ultimately tired) unit from eBay Germany.

Ditch the supercharger and go twin turbo 😁

A few more random one here buddy, customs import charges is going to be a killer 😬

Worth ringing around Mercedes dismantlers, here's a few to start with 👍

The Mercedes Parts Centre MPC
Unit 16, Chingford Industrial Centre, Hall Ln, London E4 8DJ

Dronsfields in Oldham are another possible source.

MSL have a parts dept too.
May be worth a call.

These guys managed to take the supercharger apart,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
And, the rear bearings are clearly visible and undoubtedly replaceable - assuming they are commercially available (highly probable).
The only 'difficulty' I see is in supporting the bearing housing during removal and re-fitting. Pre-heating (moderate temp) will help (massively).

Mine failed 2 years ago and the part is no longer made so had to find a used one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom