M113K cold start rough idle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A worn out crank pulley can cause surging power when accelerating, as the ac is being unevenly.

If its really bad, it can cause a vibration that's felt at idle from the fact its an uneven weight wobbling about, but it's not going to cause the engine to cut out.

No updates unfortunately. Still the same. Thinking about running the smooth idle test on STARS. Maybe change spark plugs but haven't had any times lately. Is yours playing up too?

No updates unfortunately. Still the same. Thinking about running the smooth idle test on STARS. Maybe change spark plugs but haven't had any times lately. Is yours playing up too?
Howdy, currently have the same problem with my e55, except my car is running very rich. Long trim fuel trims are -14 both sides. Car will be fine when on high idle then as the rpm’s come down is searches for the right idle. If you drive it around and sit at a stop light continues to run rough. You can feel it in the cabin. It’s current at the mechanic and they can’t find the issue either after a month and a half. Any updates?

FYI my m113k starts sounding just like yours (no loud ticking though) and is a bit lumpy once settled down - more lumpy than my previous m113 (non k) but never gives the impression of stalling.
As others have said, put it back to stock (is that not fast enough?!) and if it goes away happy days, if not then you may want to ask the garage to fix it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom