M113K Coolant Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sunny_amg

Car
S55K AMG
Hi All,

Just wanted to ask all M113K (S55 Kompressor) owners and anyone else who can answer this question for me.

I want to do a coolant change myself and did a bit of research into what is involved, just to be safe. From what i have been seeing is that, its pretty much open the cap on the coolant reservoir and release the red screw at the bottom to drain. Does this sound right?????

The reason for posting is that i have found information that refers to, "venting air from low temperature circuit" when performing a coolant change.

Hope to hear from you knowledgeable guys soon...........i hope!!

I'd do as you described. S/CL have a valve so will self purge the air after you fill them up. Not sure on the "venting air from low temperature circuit" but maybe it applies to the cars that you have to bleed afterwards, i.e. E/CLS?

The reason for posting is that i have found information that refers to, "venting air from low temperature circuit" when performing a coolant change.

Hope to hear from you knowledgeable guys soon...........i hope!!

The reference "venting air from low temperature circuit" is the shared cooling circuit which supplies your coolant for the intercooler / supercharger circuit.

And as Alx states probably just for E/CLS version

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom