M113K / E55K Oil dipstick measurements

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrhanky

MB Enthusiast
Car
Superb 3.6 4x4 & W221 S500
I have just picked up a new oil level dipstick for my E55K. Does anyone know or have the exact measurements for the different levels on the M113K.

After some digging about on the net, I have come up with 167 - 169mm being the correct dipstick measurement for level. However, Im not sure if these are correct and what the mm measurement for 0.5l up or down is?

Very surprised no one knew this, after all we have some very experienced 55k owners on here.

Anyway I have found what I was after and when I'm not on my mobile I will update this thread in the hope it will help others.

I just use the exact measurement from the car.

Here is the page from WIS showing the exact data.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20160419_173648.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160419_173648.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 38
I just use the exact measurement from the car.

Thanks John, I have been also doing this the last couple years also. I don't know why but for some reason I've got a compulsion to check it manually.

Thanks John, I have been also doing this the last couple years also. I don't know why but for some reason I've got a compulsion to check it manually.

I don't think it is a bad thing to check manually.

Given the reliability of electrics in these sometimes makes me question whether I should rely on MB sensors doing it but I've had success so far.

Just to add some experience I had last week.
My dash said to add 1 litter. Went to my indy to buy oil.
By STAR my level was 60 mm and the limits are 58 and 78mm.
After 1 litter in the level went to 72mm as per my onboard level sensor. That how much I left it.
One of the techs tryed to measure it manually but the dipstick was twisting while measuring so he could not get clear level.
I try not to contaminate the thread, but would you share is it normal after 3000 km to add 1 litter that what I've done?
I know these engines tend to eat a bit off oil but how much is Normal?

I fogot to ask did you guys mix different brands oil,but same type when adding?

No, I don't mix brands at all. I have used Mercedes branded oil since I have owned the car. I believe this is now Petronas from what others have reported.

Regarding oil consumption, Mercedes say that acceptable consumption on these engines is upto 0.8l per 1k (620 miles). I don't pass judgement at all, some are happy to accept this and others think it's madness.

From experience, I have found oil consumption depends on various factors. These relate to how the car is driven and of course maintained. These motors like most V8 engines seem to like to seep oil. Main culprits are the rocker cover and breathers, also drain plugs are one time use other wise they leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom