M113K Engine Oil Dipstick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine has done 149K and burns a litre or so every 5K miles . It had 100K on it when I bought it with a full service history . I have kept this up and have just switched to 5K oil changes.

N/A M113 Engine should go on literally 4 ever if fed the correct oil , it must have been neglected (oil wise) by a previous owner . :( Sorry to hear that . What else was done during the rebuild ?

So cylinder 3 & 8 came up low. Don’t remember exact reason but looking to be the piston rings failing as the most probable cause. Thankfully the bores weren’t damaged too much so was reusable. Other a new block would be needed as you cant rebore these or sleeve them. Mileage was around 146K. So whenever someone is looking for a 55 car I alway mention this as apparently despite numbers being low it’s starting to come about more often. Most likely down to poor maintenance. Mines turned out to be an absolute lemon so….
Sorry to hear that..

Sorry to hear that..
Ahh it’s alright fella. Such is life…just gotta get up and keep going.

Mine has done 149K and burns a litre or so every 5K miles . It had 100K on it when I bought it with a full service history . I have kept this up and have just switched to 5K oil changes.

N/A M113 Engine should go on literally 4 ever if fed the correct oil , it must have been neglected (oil wise) by a previous owner . :( Sorry to hear that . What else was done during the rebuild ?

Yeah see 1lire of oil every 5-6k is reasonable and I believe to spec. But at the time mines was burning a litre every 100 miles. Yet when driving you couldn’t tell it was low on compression as it still pulled very well. It made 430 bhp before then 480 bhp at the fly when MSL done the tune.

I did record it and the whole garage go filled up with smoke. Smelt of gun powder too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom