M113K Supercharger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My E55 started making a load of noise when I had it.

I saw this video. Bought the bearing from Germany for about £60 & my Indy fitted for about the same again. It was like a new car!

Worth a look.

As for the oil, it can be sucked out but my Indy wouldn’t do it as he was adamant they’re sealed for life.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

With reference to that rebuild company that is a cracking reply very honest and in good faith.:thumb:

I'd also recommend changing the oil on these, Its very easy to do sealed for life or not.

I sold a brand new SC clutch kit a few months back which i had as a spare, id try and get a complete working unit else its gonna get expensive.

My E55 started making a load of noise when I had it.

I saw this video. Bought the bearing from Germany for about £60 & my Indy fitted for about the same again. It was like a new car!

Worth a look.

As for the oil, it can be sucked out but my Indy wouldn’t do it as he was adamant they’re sealed for life.

Wish it was as simple as this, I replaced the entire pulley and the noise was exactly the same unfortunately :(

With reference to that rebuild company that is a cracking reply very honest and in good faith.:thumb:

I'd also recommend changing the oil on these, Its very easy to do sealed for life or not.
Wish it was as simple as this, I replaced the entire pulley and the noise was exactly the same unfortunately :(

That's exactly why I posted the reply as you I thought it was a very honest up front response, they could of quite easily completely ignored my enquiry.

I am in the process of negotiating the purchase of an S55 Supercharger from an 2005 car, its done a few more miles than I would of liked but guy is obviously an enthusiast and has been honest and up front with me regarding the miles where he could of so easily lied to me.
I already bought a an oil change kit for the new charger and the oil will replaced while the charger is off of the car makes it so so much easier.

Hi Alps, by clutch kit do you mean a new snout assembly?

did you get this sorted Andy?

Definitely worth doing but I wouldn't say very easy. On the two we have done it is a pain to get out all the old oil, even using a oil extractor. Getting a tool on the small tapered hex head plug is also one of the less fun parts. Second time was definitely easier than the first but still not super easy.

If anyone drops the plug.. think this is it 1/8" Bsp Male plug Taper thread for Air pneumatic fluids 2 off, Nickel plated Br 5055752937352 | eBay

I've never dropped the plug, and i've always had a cloth under the plug just incase it happens.

Extendable Pencil magnet keeps hold of the plug when screwing back in.

Syringe and some suitable size washer tubing is all thats needed to get the old fluid out, Warm the charger 1st the tubing will be come nice and soft and oil nice and thin tobe able to extract. At least thats the way i've done them.

Did mine cold - maybe it is that.

What tool/s did you use to screw it back in? It was difficult with various extensions and joints due to the space around and access angle of the plug.

I changed mine as soon as I bought the car. I’m following a change of oil every 60,000 km.

The video above is useful to watch!

Najam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom