M119 Decatting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Uberwagon

Car
1991 500E
I intend to remove the cats from my 500E.

As far as I am aware the middle eastern cars had no cats and that's why i'm able to get a genuine non cat front pipe from Merc.

I will also be fitting a Y pipe instead of the central resonator and a standard backbox as I am not keen on aftermarket pipes.

Has anyone done this to a R129 ?

I want to be sure that the car will work perfectly well. My pipes are looking scabbier than I thought so would rather replace the system in one go.

Dave!

You have a pm

I've done it on a 500E....and it's the best thing i ever did !

Truly, the removal of cats makes a huge difference, both to drive and sound.

Luckily i am ok on my black 500e as it is a 1991 car, but cannot do it on my Green 500e, as legally the cats must be in place for cars registered post Aug 92, and insurance can be deemed invalid if found to have been removed, as it is a material performance gain from removal of cats.

talbir

No ebay for me, i'm trying to save the pennies haha.

So Talbir, no issues with engine warning light or other issues?

I have heard about an octane switch on 500ecstasy (which annoyingly wont work for me now) but wasn't sure that the euro cars had this?

It will be done using the genuine Merc non cat pipe, I'm unsure if I should also remove the centre box for a Y-Pipe but I definitely want a standard backbox, I like the wolf in sheeps clothing look, if not the sound :D

Dave!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom