M156 6.2 NA Exhaust Sound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never driven an M157 personally so I can't say for sure. But going by what I hear and feel driving the 6.2 i prefer the M156.

Listening to videos the m156 sounds more natural and deep for me and raw like. The M157 more inducted which I suppose it is.

Many enthusiasts say the N/A 6.2 exhaust note is one of the best tones in the business that says it all really :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Never get bored of that exhaust note. It's up there with the best of them :thumb:

Like has been stated I think the M156 stock is an amazing sounding exhaust note. The bi-turbo needs modding to release such a nice tone.

I've owned both engines and if the bi-turbo has the OEM switchable exhaust it blows the 6.2 sound out of the park. (All subjective opinion of course).

I've owned both engines and if the bi-turbo has the OEM switchable exhaust it blows the 6.2 sound out of the park. (All subjective opinion of course).

I have heard all variants of this so called better exhaust tone of the M157 and don't agree at all. The stock tone of the M156 is regarded as one of the best sounding exhaust notes across the board never mind AMG only!!!!

For me it’s a decatted, linked and wider bore AJPV8 all day long, but the world would be a less interesting place if we all agreed.

You can’t go wrong with any AMG engine / exhaust note.....

Boring I doubt that. You m157 guys only want to talk about torque/power figures now that's boring!!! And It does seem to get up your nose that the M156 does sound better just admit it!!:D:D

You don't have to have the upper hand in every department M157. Relax give the exhaust note/ tone to the M156 come on chaps. Just admit it and we can all be happy!!!!!:D:D

Yous know which sounds best it starts with an M ends with a 6 :thumb:

You don't have to have the upper hand in every department M157. Relax give the exhaust note/ tone to the M156 come on chaps. Just admit it and we can all be happy!!!!!:D:D

Yous know which sounds best it starts with an M ends with a 6 :thumb:
A BMW M6?? :p

The sound a car makes means jack at the end of that day. But loads of folk on here spends loads doing so but it means nothing lmho :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's the power one can produce lol.

Hypocritical springs to mind. And I will go as far to say what's discussed on here suits certain members. It's a forum for crying out loud. And a Exhaust note Thread!!!!!!!

I have heard all variants of this so called better exhaust tone of the M157 and don't agree at all. The stock tone of the M156 is regarded as one of the best sounding exhaust notes across the board never mind AMG only!!!!

Mmm. I've owned and lived with and listened to both cars in all environments and under all conditions - day after day after day. The 6.2 for 2 years and the 4.0 with switchable exhaust for 1 year (so far). My mind is clear on this and I'm pretty well qualified to an opinion on it.

Mmm. I've owned and lived with and listened to both cars in all environments and under all conditions - day after day after day. The 6.2 for 2 years and the 4.0 with switchable exhaust for 1 year (so far). My mind is clear on this and I'm pretty well qualified to an opinion on it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

6.2 for me all day long ;)

OK mate - all good.
My 6.2 was one of the best cars I've owned. I'm not dissing it.

Boring I doubt that. You m157 guys only want to talk about torque/power figures now that's boring!!! And It does seem to get up your nose that the M156 does sound better just admit it!!:D:D
:wallbash::D

I think the Noble M600 has one of the nicest exhaust notes.
Not a fan of the car but certainly sounds nice.

I think you'd all struggle to match the sound of my old cobra, 383ci of small block chevy, fuel injected on throttle bodies and 3" straight through sidepipes :D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom