M156- fussy on fuel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adz87kc

Car
C63
MPG is not something I focus on or care about but I've noticed the car is indicating that my fuel 'economy' is getting better...

The usual fuel I use is Momentum as it's local to my work place and I was getting around 23-24 MPG (and on a 100 mile run with Momentum I managed just over 24) but I've filled up last 3 times with vPower and for the last week I've been getting 26-27 (27.8 this morning!) which I never thought I'd see even on the back of a lorry.
Same roads, same driving enthusiasm and roughly same ambient temperatures.

Has anyone noticed the same?
Reckon the extra sorcery that Shell put into their fuel is the difference here?:dk:

I've found no difference between either fuels albeit shell is generally 7p l more expensive. I saw another c63 filling up last week with normal unleaded...

I only use VPower and have done on all my mapped cars.
IDGAS about MPG, it's a big V8 lol

You doing well with 27 mpg. I never got this. You must drive very light����

You doing well with 27 mpg. I never got this. You must drive very light����

That's the thing, I don't really.
I keep the instrument screen on AMG so I can keep an eye on the temps and I drive it very easy until the oil hits 80C (text turns blue to white) but after that I drive it to enjoy it. The 26/27 is a novelty I just noticed after changing fuel.

V power may be fuel of a slightly higher octane rating. Most modern engine ECUs are "adaptive" meaning they can modify their ignition advance curve according to the knock[pre-ignition] qualities of the fuel . V power may permit a slightly increased degree of advance which might explain your better mpg but its marginal as you have discovered.

MPG is not something I focus on or care about but I've noticed the car is indicating that my fuel 'economy' is getting better...

The usual fuel I use is Momentum as it's local to my work place and I was getting around 23-24 MPG (and on a 100 mile run with Momentum I managed just over 24) but I've filled up last 3 times with vPower and for the last week I've been getting 26-27 (27.8 this morning!) which I never thought I'd see even on the back of a lorry.
Same roads, same driving enthusiasm and roughly same ambient temperatures.

Has anyone noticed the same?
Reckon the extra sorcery that Shell put into their fuel is the difference here?:dk:

'On the back of a lorry' lmao

Haven't noticed much difference when varying fuels. If driven carefully I can get 28.5mpg but my driving style varies depending on what mood I am in.
On another note though I am onto my second service & holy sh1t the difference in a service with regards to the response of the car & crispness of the note. (btw, car is serviced every 7-8000 miles)

I use V Power 90% of the time. The other 10% is being stuck & using Morrisions who don't do the good stuff. I'm a 20 mpg man & if I'm honest not seen any difference in performance or economy as a general rule. I only use it as it says so on the fuel cap. I did 120 000 miles in my old E55 on normal juice and it ran fine.

Majority of fuel I use is v-power...usually av...25-27mpg on aberdeen to Glasgow trips but lots of average speed camera's...Tesco momentum seems to give similar results.

21mpg aberdeen to edinburgh �� and usually 11mpg city driving. I tend to fuel up where convenient

V Power 10-15 mpg ..!!

How does v power compare to Tesco 99? Both 99 but Tesco is cheaper..

Virtually no difference aside of perhaps increased detergents.

I just changed to v power there after reading an article about better mpg from v power as opposed to super market fuels.

Same 90 mile motorway drive at 3am so no traffic sat at 70mph on cruise control,

27mpg v power

25mpg in Tesco 99

So if you're chasing £££ then best stick to Tesco for the 7p etc difference.

No it was some rubbish putting down supermarket fuels saying that buying the super fuels from shell etc was more cost effective due to mpg than the supermarket fuels, perhaps regular unleaded from Tesco but as I only use T99 I didn't have a previous benchmark for it. Perhaps city driving will produce different results but it's pretty impossible to replicate the same journey in the city.

A track day would be an interesting comparison but again you'd only want super unleaded and T99 in the tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom