M156 Inlet Manifold parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash59fifty-uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C204 C63, VW Transporter
*Intake, not inlet!

Recently had some fault codes pop up on the C63, it’s booked in with the local Indy later this month to have a proper look, however I’ve been reading all sorts on the engine issues

My codes are 045 & 049, mixture (cylinder banks 1 & 2) running lean

I’m finding threads across forums about an issue with the intake manifold gaskets in particular, it doesn’t seem expensive for parts so I was thinking of ordering ahead incase they may be the cause

On a thread on MB world there’s this interesting DIY for replacing the gaskets and the PCV at the same time, are the US part numbers the same for the UK?

Thread is here- Intake Manifold Gasket and PCV valve DIY - MBWorld.org Forums

Part numbers on there are:
Intake manifold gaskets x2 159-141-05-80
Intake manifold bolts x10 004-990-53-12
PCV Valve 156-010-03-70

I can find the gaskets on the auto doc website, although I’m really not sure if they’re specific to my VIN before ordering. Can’t seem to find the other parts on a UK site :dk:

I.e, I’ve also found this parts lookup with numbers, nothing for sale though when I search the numbers INTAKE AND EXHAUST MANIFOLDS | M156 E63 Standard, North America, Japan V8 GASOLINE ENGINE M156 E63 | Mercedes-Benz | Genuine Parts Catalogs | PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

Gaskets from autodoc: ELRING Gasket, intake manifold — item: 003.990. Buy now!

Anyone else had those codes/this issue with their M156? Nothing seems wrong with the car at all, can’t comment on if the fuel consumption has risen as I’ve not long owned the car

Last edited:
I don’t know what the codes were, but we had the gaskets and PCV replaced, albeit maybe three or four years apart. Much of the cost is labour. Had I known then what I know now then I may have done both together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom