M157 Pops and Bangs ma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NEMESIS CLS

Car
W218 CLS63 AMG-S
Hey guys
I love my car, I love the power, I love the torque, I love the insanely loud crack and bang of the CAT back straight through exhaust, I love the loud crack of the up/downshift......BUT it’s lacking pops and cracks on over run and downshifts. I’ve spoken to Acid about this and if he can map to the M157 engine, but apparently this is “in development”[emoji22]
So the $64,000 question is, does anyone know, or can recommend a tuner that can provide a decent map including pops and cracks??[emoji592][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been done, I’ve had it but needs the map tweaking and is not ideal as can have a negative affect.

Don’t get me wrong it sounds good, although can get a touch tiresome.

Mine does it now but more do because it’s fully de catted.

Ah thanks buddy. So initial map by Acid, then to BTF to tweak for pops and cracks?

I would personally just go straight to john at big fish tuning if it’s not too far for you. It’s in North Yorkshire, 10 mins from Middlesborough.
Every map and tune he has ever done for me I’ve been over the moon with.

Ok thanks
Car has already been mapped by MSL, and Middlesbrough is a 600 mile round trip. However if you & Jules have both used for mapping and recommend them, I’ll give them a call, as I’m off work for 2 weeks from 17th [emoji592][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95]

Wow that’s a long trip. Maybe back to what cyclone said above, MSL do it but they send the map to John for some tweaking, 600 miles is a fistful of notes for Petrol but could be worth it when your car gives good smiles per gallon

It’s not a case of whether Acid or John can do it, both can but it’s not perfect on the M157, so would need a bit of work to try and improve what they’ve previously done. For example it can make the car even more jerky than it is already due to gear changes and it also impacts exhaust gas temps. Some cars / engines take to this better than others. For me I had it removed.

i'm thinking about keeping mine a bit longer, as the look of the new c63 estate doesn't really improve anything (front is almost identical, and it is too tiny looking), so if i could find a way of getting the exhaust to pop that would be amazing!

Hi guys, latest update. Seem to have gone around the houses a bit, but having spoken to Acid @ MSL I am taking the car up next Monday for a map tweak to have the Snap Crackle & Pop Bangs added. I will call it the Rice Crispy Map - :rolleyes:
Big thanks to John at BFT, who was very honest and upfront and advised its best to go back to MSL in order to save a £££££.
So a early morning hoon from West Sussex to Brum next week, and hopefully the return home will be popbangtastic!!!!!:D:banana:

Had a chat with Acid today and decided to get CATs removed. Immy @ TorqueFlow will cut out CATs replace with straight pipe and also provide housings for lambda sensors. Then Acid will perform his magic and add the Rice Crispy Map with added Snap Crackle and pop-bangs[emoji592][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95] Not sure about what sort of power increase will happen, but Jules mentioned a healthy Tq ramp when he had the same work prior to his big turbo upgrade[emoji41][emoji12][emoji12][emoji41]

Evening Guys,
Well, had a great day up at MSL yesterday. All I can say is mission Accomplished:cool::D:cool:
Immy from TorqueFlow did a great job removing Cats (which i have kept together with the center resonators and back boxes!!) And then the car went off to JayJay to map, with the help of John from BFT.
After several tweaks and dyno runs I was gobsmacked at the results - 801hp & 945ft/lbs They also mapped the pops and bangs, which, with a now straight through exhaust (centre resonators & Back Box deletes) ARE INSANE!!!!! I honestly belly laughed on the drive home!!! On lift off and down sift the car pops and bangs like a prostitute on crack!!! No drone in the car despite the cats being removed. Spoke to Acid today and he said that my engine is a little gem as they have struggled to get those sort of figures from other M157 lumps. However 945tq was a tad high, so i'm going up in the new year to tweak down to 900, which is what they normally cap to. Car was wheel spinning at 100mph when i booted it on M40 - Now that was a bum twitching moment!!!!!:rolleyes:

Evening Guys,
Well, had a great day up at MSL yesterday. All I can say is mission Accomplished:cool::D:cool:
Immy from TorqueFlow did a great job removing Cats (which i have kept together with the center resonators and back boxes!!) And then the car went off to JayJay to map, with the help of John from BFT.
After several tweaks and dyno runs I was gobsmacked at the results - 801hp & 945ft/lbs They also mapped the pops and bangs, which, with a now straight through exhaust (centre resonators & Back Box deletes) ARE INSANE!!!!! I honestly belly laughed on the drive home!!! On lift off and down sift the car pops and bangs like a prostitute on crack!!! No drone in the car despite the cats being removed. Spoke to Acid today and he said that my engine is a little gem as they have struggled to get those sort of figures from other M157 lumps. However 945tq was a tad high, so i'm going up in the new year to tweak down to 900, which is what they normally cap to. Car was wheel spinning at 100mph when i booted it on M40 - Now that was a bum twitching moment!!!!!:rolleyes:
My goodness that’s healthy. Are there any other modifications, or is that map, cats, and boxes only?

That’s it Bobby!! Oh...K&N panel filters[emoji849] Acid said the engine in mine is strong and VERY well built, but it’s also testimony to MSL & BFTs joint mapping skills as well[emoji41]
I just want to cocking rain to stop and for it to be DRY so I can have a proper drive in the car[emoji849][emoji35][emoji849]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom