M2 tonight - anyone know what's going on?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timwood2000

Car
R320 CDI SE LWB '07, BENTLEY CONTINENTAL FLYING SPUR MULLINER '06, FIAT 500 LOUNGE '58 & BMW R1200RT
Driving back in to London tonight up the M2, which is usually a police free zone, there were police cars at, or just after, nearly every junction, with flashers on, so not trying to catch people out. At one bridge, there were 2 marked cars on the bridge and another unmarked black X5, also with flashers going. I counted 5 separate instances of police cars on bridges or immediately after a junction

Can't work out what was going on. If they were after speeders, then they would not normally be so conspicuous.

Anyone know what was going on? Just intrigued/nosy!

Last edited:
that's what usually happens when the PM or some-one of equal importance is travelling on that road.

mmm I just travelled along there...............................

M2 old landrover doing 45/50 mph that would be me and the police were just letting you fast cars know i was a potential hazard or maybe it was the m20? told you i was a hazard:D

What they were actually doing was trying to stop the pm going to gravesend or meday towns or maidstone oops i live there:eek:

Lynall

Took us an hour to get to junction 3 on the M2 tonight, then it was closed!! Oh...that's over here by the way:thumb:

I saw the same cars and wondered what it was for as we came back from Minnis Bay - Didn't seem to improve people's driving though..

Ade

Maybe the chief constable bought himself something quick and fancied a V-MAX event?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom