M25 junction 15 hadecs speed camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RehanGLC

Car
GLC 250d AMG Line Prem Plus
Hi all,

Just wanted to know if any of you have seen the new yellow HADECS 3 cameras hanging to the left of the overhead gantry on the M25 junction 15 heading towards Heathrow about a mile before heathrow. Has anyone been flashed here? I think I was flashed on the very early morning of 20th Feb but I think this camera also flashes when no one is there. Any thoughts please?

I saw one on the clockwise carriageway at around the same point flash last Saturday when an ambulance was going through with blue lights on. I couldn't gauge the speed as I was in the opposite direction.

I thought they were average speed cameras, I'm hoping not, as I did push the car on the weekend a little harder than I should have between watford and heathrow, but only for about 30 seconds.

more info on the hadecs 3 here: https://www.speedcamerasuk.com/hadecs-3.htm

Last edited:
So I am told, the HADECS3 cameras on the M25 are enforcing NSL as well as any lower limit that may be posted on the gantries.

Useful to know as I shall be passing through there tomorrow in my SM which lacks a working connector for my satnav.

It's rare that I get anywhere near the speed limit there. So many days of my life spent looking at 40mph variable speed limits on the gantries and thinking, if only I could get up to 20...

Last edited:
Hi all,

Just wanted to know if any of you have seen the new yellow HADECS 3 cameras hanging to the left of the overhead gantry on the M25 junction 15 heading towards Heathrow about a mile before heathrow. Has anyone been flashed here? I think I was flashed on the very early morning of 20th Feb but I think this camera also flashes when no one is there. Any thoughts please?

I was flashed by a similar camera type on the M1 as I went through a variable speed limit - funnily enough the limit on that gantry was 50mph as opposed to 60mph on the previous and subsequent. I was clocked at....60mph!

They can also be set to work on the NSL and not a lower variable limit...

I was flashed by a similar camera type on the M1 as I went through a variable speed limit - funnily enough the limit on that gantry was 50mph as opposed to 60mph on the previous and subsequent. I was clocked at....60mph!

They can also be set to work on the NSL and not a lower variable limit...
I think you should know that once the limit on the gantry has been lowered, they automatically get lowered as well. I used to drive between the M11 and J25 on the M25
and have seen them go off numerous times with the speed limit lowered. As the saying goes- Driver Beware!

If you're referring to the new ones that are mounted on the LEFT of the gantry (two yellow boxes) - then they are linked to the speed signs, by way of three cameras on a separate pole a couple of hundred feet in front of the digital speed signs.

They are not average speed cameras, although I'm sure with bit of jiggery pokery could probably be made to be so....

There are now some on the M6 near Brum, and the M42 south of Brum (not to mention the other plethora of older HADECS, which may well be dummy boxes given these new ones)....

I'm not sure what the point of these new ones was - the old HADECS was supposed to set the GATSO camera boxes to the speed set by the same, + 15-30 seconds, to give everyone time to slow down when the signs changed. The new ones are doing the same thing, but OCR'ing the signs - unless it's to also prove what the sign said at what time, so they can challenge disputes....

Yes these cameras can enforce either 70mph or the variable limit.

Filmless hence can prosecute unlimited amount of drivers & cover all lanes

Why oh why :(

The Autobahns are a good example of the fact that speed can be safe...

The amount of speed cameras on motorways is ridiculous, theyl limit you to 70 on the 3-4 lane mainly straight and lit roadsand install many cameras.
Yet they limit single track country roads which have very high accident rates at 60 and often fit no cameras... why? Less money to be made...

Safety or money? :)

If you're referring to the new ones that are mounted on the LEFT of the gantry (two yellow boxes)

Most are grey down south.

They seem to have "forgotten" to paint them yellow conveniently.

I understand this should be changing though.

If you're referring to the new ones that are mounted on the LEFT of the gantry (two yellow boxes) - then they are linked to the speed signs, by way of three cameras on a separate pole a couple of hundred feet in front of the digital speed signs.

They are not average speed cameras, although I'm sure with bit of jiggery pokery could probably be made to be so....

There are now some on the M6 near Brum, and the M42 south of Brum (not to mention the other plethora of older HADECS, which may well be dummy boxes given these new ones)....

I'm not sure what the point of these new ones was - the old HADECS was supposed to set the GATSO camera boxes to the speed set by the same, + 15-30 seconds, to give everyone time to slow down when the signs changed. The new ones are doing the same thing, but OCR'ing the signs - unless it's to also prove what the sign said at what time, so they can challenge disputes....

I have noticed the ones on the m42, only recently though, they look like they have been there a while.

It's easy to defeat these cameras by overloading them with IR and UV. Also it takes about a 4 second burst of laser light to break a CCD based camera.

Food for thought :thumb:

It's easy to defeat these cameras by overloading them with IR and UV. Also it takes about a 4 second burst of laser light to break a CCD based camera.

Food for thought :thumb:

What is a CCD camera please?

A CCD is a charged coupled device, the mainstay of modern cameras, be it digital SLR's, speed cams and CCTV systems.

Other digital camera tech is CMOS, laser light will kill these in under 1 second. :eek:

So if everyone drives around with a laser pen like wot the airline botherers do, then we could collectively nuke every speed camera by elevenses tomorrow? Surprised the French haven't done it already.

If you ever manage to get up to 70 mph at jnc 15 then you deserve to be flashed and sent a picture of the momentus occasion!

Its true, they may as well hand out parking tickets on the M25 rather than speeding tickets... londons biggest car park :)

Just in case anyone from Scotland's watching there's a new one being trialled on the gantry southbound mid-way on the M90 between the Forth Bridge and the M9 junction.

First one I've seen in Scotland although noticed lots on the new 'smart' M1 motorway around the Nottingham area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom