M25 junctions banned - including Heathrow T4 exit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Do these people really think doing this is going to help their cause? That Boris is going to suddenly find the funds to insulate 27 million homes?

Dread to think how many people were late for work etc. or even missed flights. Shame it did not coincide with the fire brigade having to test their fire hoses......

"Insulate Britain" block M25 exits

_120531656_e_kcagexiac3jec.jpg

They should be given a minute maximum to get their banners and leave or be Arrested. Instead 24+ Officers stand there awaiting orders for hours.

_120531656_e_kcagexiac3jec.jpg

They should be given a minute maximum to get their banners and leave or be Arrested. Instead 24+ Officers stand there awaiting orders for hours.
They look very much like Police dog handler vans but they have not deployed the dogs. Climate Change protestors really do get an easy ride from the authorities don't they.

I wonder if these idiots are bright enough to calculate the magnitude of extra emissions that have resulted from the traffic delays caused by their protest.

I suspect they'll argue that 'you can't make an omelet without breaking eggs'... :doh:

On the news it showed a member of the public dragging one away, but was stopped by other members of the public. Surely they should have helped him. The police just stood by chatting. Its a wonder they were not booking all the stopped cars for parking on a motorway.
On TV this morning someone had emailed that they missed a hospital appointment for cancer treatment. What would happen if an ambulance was struck in that traffic. Its now the tail wagging the dog in this country. Minority rule

This mob are an offshoot of Extinction Rebellion so no surprise that they don't care about the mass disruption other peoples lives. They have a right to protest but that does not confer a right to break the law. Disappointed that the police had to be so PC about letting them sit an a motorway when they should have been instantly removed. The authorities need to get their act together and have a plan to deal with Extinction Rebellion for which they will get a majority of public support.

Climate Change protestors really do get an easy ride from the authorities don't they.
Seems a change in tactics somehow . Complete opposite to the scenes I witnessed every day at a protest site in the recent past when Police used intimidation and violence (all filmed by numerous cameras) in an endeavour to bring an end to the protest. Even this didn't work, and the problem lasted for 2 years.

The media always call these people 'campaigners' when in reality they are members of a cult that think the world is going to end in X number of years. Unhinged a la Greta Thunberg.

I dare say we can expect more of these contrived 'green' protests in the run up to the COP 26 UN Climate change conference in November. The conference where all the heads of state fly in on private jets.

Although I personally wouldn’t do such a thing I do admire people like this for getting off their asses and backing up their views.

The majority of brits moan and whinge about everything and anything just for the sake of it. The Political thread is a perfect example.

I’ll be sure to take cover for the incoming. 🤭

Seems a change in tactics somehow . Complete opposite to the scenes I witnessed every day at a protest site in the recent past when Police used intimidation and violence (all filmed by numerous cameras) in an endeavour to bring an end to the protest. Even this didn't work, and the problem lasted for 2 years.
Indeed. See below video for an example of the police facilitating a peaceful protest in Newcastle at the end of August. Batons drawn, full riot gear and dogs at the ready.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Although I personally wouldn’t do such a thing I do admire people like this for getting off their asses and backing up their views.

Well yes as many of them don't work for a living they probably do get up off their asses which I suppose we should be grateful for. The problem I have with them is they are trying to influence the government but instead of protesting outside parliament they choose to deliberately cause mass disruption to the public with all sorts of possible outcomes not least increased pollution, financial loss to the economy and at it's worst someone could have died if ambulances had been delayed. The mind set of these people is they will stop at nothing to get their point across and if they keep this up then for me they are borderline terrorists and the police should deal with them as such.

…they choose to deliberately cause mass disruption to the public with all sorts of possible outcomes not least increased pollution, financial loss to the economy and at it's worst someone could have died if ambulances had been delayed.
I very much agree with that, especially the latter point. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom