M25 junctions banned - including Heathrow T4 exit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As mentioned above the right to protest does not allow you to break the law or cause major disruption impacting thousands. The Police need to act faster and with more force to ensure such protests are not continued. The less effective the Police are the less respect the public will have for them. If an emergency service had been delayed due to their protest and a life lost I'm not sure what reaction there would have been, but it is unlikely to be healthy for a protester.

France has the right idea with water cannons. Use them with a bright dye that takes weeks to disappear.
In 2018 the mayor of London (someone called Boris) was forced to sell London's water cannons . They could not be sold to certain 'regimes' ...so they went as scrap at a loss of about £300K.

No one has the gut's to authorise their use anyway... :(

Do these people really think doing this is going to help their cause? That Boris is going to suddenly find the funds to insulate 27 million homes?

Dread to think how many people were late for work etc. or even missed flights. Shame it did not coincide with the fire brigade having to test their fire hoses......

"Insulate Britain" block M25 exits
We did back in the 70's when Labour were in control and good old Antony Wedgewood Benn did just that. Loft insulation was on 26 weeks delivery with both Pilkingtons and Cape making it as fast as they could. I sold insulation back then, it was easy at well over £1 per sq m for 100mm. I left the trade in 1992 and 100mm was less than £1 per sq m, large contracts of over 80,000 sq m was around 60p per sq m. 13 years and no increase, the reason was over production. 80,000 sq m is only about 200 houses

Afghanistan! - The Taliban don't tolerate protests. I've heard flights in are easier than out....

Be careful what you wish for. There may be a day when you want/need to protest.
You’re right, I might. But I won’t do it by break img the law or preventing other people going about their daily business.

The Daily Mail have a picture of the registered address of the Insulate Britain 'campaign' in Streatham, South London. Expensive property apparently. Hopefully no budding bricklayers will see fit to brick up all the doorways overnight.

The Daily Mail have a picture of the registered address of the Insulate Britain 'campaign' in Streatham, South London. Expensive property apparently. Hopefully no budding bricklayers will see fit to brick up all the doorways overnight.

You are so Daily Mail.

Insult Britain and Extinction Rebullshit 'activists' are back again this morning. Instead of arresting them this BBC article says diversions are being put in place. Wow they really are untouchable.

Insult Britain and Extinction Rebullshit 'activists' are back again this morning. Instead of arresting them this BBC article says diversions are being put in place. Wow they really are untouchable.

I don't get this, surely obstructing the highway is an offence for which you can be arrested. The Police arrested many protesters at our local site on that basis but most prosecutions failed because the protesters were not on the actual highway. Has the law changed then?

I don't get this, surely obstructing the highway is an offence for which you can be arrested. The Police arrested many protesters at our local site on that basis but most prosecutions failed because the protesters were not on the actual highway. Has the law changed then?
Their own photos in the BBC article show them on the highway obstructing traffic - an offence. They appear to be being allowed to do this by the authorities.

^^ That's what I was thinking. There must be (very old) existing laws that pertain to ' obstructing the kings highway' etc , there are certainly enough road traffic laws and those that take into account ancient drove roads and byways. There are laws that can be used to force you to cut hedges and trees that encroach on pavements. Just lazy/scared policing tactics.

My guess is more than half of the police on duty would be more than happy to pick them up and put them in the 'back of the van' but are just not being ordered to do so.

How many green arrows do your comments get you on the Daily Hate?
The only 'hate' i see is from goons like Roger Hallam who want to bring down Britain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom