M25 junctions banned - including Heathrow T4 exit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Water cannon might work :D

At least it gets Plod out of their cars to stretch their legs

I don't get this, surely obstructing the highway is an offence for which you can be arrested. The Police arrested many protesters at our local site on that basis but most prosecutions failed because the protesters were not on the actual highway. Has the law changed then?
There was a judicial review last year, the judgment was that it was not an offence to block the road when the demonstration is legitimate. This is why the police cannot arrest protesters just for blocking roads, the people being carted off must be suspected of another offence.

There was a judicial review last year, the judgment was that it was not an offence to block the road when the demonstration is legitimate. This is why the police cannot arrest protesters just for blocking roads, the people being carted off must be suspected of another offence.

Is that not overridden by the fact that it's an offence for pedestrians to be on a motorway. The potential danger of allowing protests on a motorway are all too evident with the certain result of carnage at some point if it's allowed to continue. Perhaps those in charge of the police just need an injection of common sense, rare commodity though that is these days.

'Insulate Britain' have no legitimacy. See HM Governments "Green homes grants".

What is the criteria for a legitimate demonstration. Surely that cannot be correct. So I can go out & block the main road because I do not want today being called Friday. Yes, that is stupid but hey ho, I'm off to the garage to knock up my Ban Friday banner. Anyone want to join me:ban::banana:Friday:banana::ban:

Well the opposite of yours of course, or is your opinion the only one in the world?
Insulate Britain, just like Extinction Rebellion, have yet again had disproportionate media coverage for their 'cause'.

Apparently their view, and i assume yours, that they have a legitimate reason to block major roads is now the default opinion being thrust on the UK public. Not my differing opinion. Even the attending police force are being ordered to have sympathy for their cause. Personally i find the actions of these groups to be beyond the pale when this country is now in need of economic recovery post health crisis. Maybe however you think insulation is more important.

Insulate Britain, just like Extinction Rebellion, have yet again had disproportionate media coverage for their 'cause'.

Apparently their view, and i assume yours, that they have a legitimate reason to block major roads is now the default opinion being thrust on the UK public. Not my differing opinion. Even the attending police force are being ordered to have sympathy for their cause. Personally i find the actions of these groups to be beyond the pale when this country is now in need of economic recovery post health crisis. Maybe however you think insulation is more important.
You have absolutely no idea what my opinion may be, why can't insulating homes be part of an economic recovery?

, why can't insulating homes be part of an economic recovery?
No reason whatsoever but........
Why do anarchists think its OK to stop people going about their business by way of protest?

I have no issue with a peaceful protest, free speech and all that, but when anyone interferes with the day to day lives of others then I'm all for arresting them and breaking up their "protest" by whatever means necessary. Water cannons are great.

You have absolutely no idea what my opinion may be, why can't insulating homes be part of an economic recovery?
Every property i have owned has been insulated. Insulation is a non issue. A matter of no importance. A diversion.

When groups like Extinction Rebellion and their supporters start talking about China i will take them seriously. Until then they and their supporters are a joke.

Every property i have owned has been insulated. Insulation is a non issue. A matter of no importance. A diversion.

When groups like Extinction Rebellion and their supporters start talking about China i will take them seriously. Until then they and their supporters are a joke.
Bully for you and your insulated houses you must feel very good about yourself, not everyone is as lucky.

Drive a Mercedes but choose not to install insulation. Your choice. Luck has nothing to do with it.
What the f##k are you talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom