M256 Plastic Valve Cover torque settings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MaKaToM

Car
C204 C63
Hi guys,

I can’t find this discussed anywhere on the forum, so apologies if it’s already been covered.

I discovered a very small hairline crack in the back of the passenger side rocker cover, so I have bought a new one from MB, along with new OEM air filters and some more oil to Fit tomorrow.

Just wondering if someone can give me the torque specs for the 2012 M156 plastic rocker cover bolts, as I’m getting mixed information.

So far, I have been told 6nm, 8nm and 9nm.

thanks,
Tom

Should say M156 in the title, but I don’t know how to change it.

Thanks. Which video? The only ones I could see had the aluminium rocker cover, which I presume will have different torque settings.

I have also bought a repair manual for the 2012 C63 C204 which states 10nm for the rocker cover, but the photograph used is of the aluminium casing...

confused.com

thanks,
Tom

Cracking thread this one 🛠

Thanks, that’s where I got the 10nm from.

I bought the alldatadiy manual for the W204 C63 Coupe 2012, which says 10nm for the Valve Cover, but the image of the valve cover is the aluminium one.
I’m just going to use my torque wrench to see what torque the currently ones are at and base what I do on a combination of that and the manual.

really surprised that nobody knows, with this been such a common issue 🤷🏻‍♂️
Thanks,
Tom

Turns out it is a little bit of a ball ache.

I have the valve cover loose now, so it’s just a case of lifting it off and installing the new one (after I’ve put the kids to bed).

strange thing, when I tested to see how tight the bolts were, they were at 4nm!

Crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom