M271 cam magnets change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old spanners

Car
W203 C180K
Hello,
I'm looking for some information on changing the cam magnets on my C180 M271 engine as I have got oil leaking into the wiring harness.
I'm about to order the magnets, O rings, grommets and the additional wiring adaptors to stop this problem.
Is there anything more I need to do and will the engine wiring harness need changed as well?
Any information will be much appreciated.

Hello,
I'm looking for some information on changing the cam magnets on my C180 M271 engine as I have got oil leaking into the wiring harness.
I'm about to order the magnets, O rings, grommets and the additional wiring adaptors to stop this problem.
Is there anything more I need to do and will the engine wiring harness need changed as well?
Any information will be much appreciated.

If the oil got into the wiring loom, it will need to replaced.

If the oil got into the ECU, the ECU mat need to be replaced (or repaired) as well.

Hello,
Thanks for that information. The oil has got as far as the connector to the after cat O2 sensor and I think (hope) that's what has caused a P0170 fault code.
I've had all the connectors off around the ECU when I was looking at the intake system and there was no sign there. I clean any of the connectors with electrical contact cleaner that I take off.
For the moment the car runs without any other problems, should I replace the wiring loom or will fixing the cam magnets fix this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom