M271 Camshaft Wiring Connector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Webbo15

Car
C180 Kompressor (W204)
Hi
I have a recently acquired W204 (2007) with the 1.8 kompressor engine. I have been reading about the problem of engine oil wicking in this wiring and then damaging O2 sensors and even the ecu. I know about the revised connector produced by MB to block this oil and my question is - does this apply to my engine (271 952) or is it just earlier versions as most discussions are by owners of w203 cars. I would have thought that MB would have fitted a blocking connector when they became aware of the problem or am I just being niaive?

I have removed the connectors on my car and can see some traces of oil in there but not very much and just looking at the connectors I cannot tell if they are modified or not.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi
I have a recently acquired W204 (2007) with the 1.8 kompressor engine. I have been reading about the problem of engine oil wicking in this wiring and then damaging O2 sensors and even the ecu. I know about the revised connector produced by MB to block this oil and my question is - does this apply to my engine (271 952) or is it just earlier versions as most discussions are by owners of w203 cars. I would have thought that MB would have fitted a blocking connector when they became aware of the problem or am I just being niaive?

I have removed the connectors on my car and can see some traces of oil in there but not very much and just looking at the connectors I cannot tell if they are modified or not.

Any help will be appreciated.
E20E6389-8B41-4CC1-A72A-3F1FCE63C326.jpeg
This shows the extra cables , the blockers , you can either fit them or fit new cam magnets which are a similar price .

I don't know if MB fitted modified looms to later M271 engines, but I would just fit the extensions anyway - they are not expensive.

And, if you already have oil on the connectors, then you'll need to replace the camshaft position sensors.

I fitted the blockers a couple of years ago , I’m in the process now after a fault code of waiting for the new camshaft magnets to arrive .
Im at 80k miles and they have just started leaking on a 2009 plate

Hi
I have a b class w245 cdi, after I replaced 4 glow plugs I couldn't start the engine, it dose turn over but dosent start.
Battery it's OK
Anyone has similar experience?
Please help!
Thanks in advance

Hi
I have a b class w245 cdi, after I replaced 4 glow plugs I couldn't start the engine, it dose turn over but dosent start.
Battery it's OK
Anyone has similar experience?
Please help!
Thanks in advance
Your post won't get much notice if left here in the wrong thread.... start a new thread in the correct section:

Thanks everyone, have taken your advice and ordered the wiring connectors. I managed to find genuine MB items for £33 from the MB dealer in Grimsby. Much cheaper than elsewhere.

Thanks everyone, have taken your advice and ordered the wiring connectors. I managed to find genuine MB items for £33 from the MB dealer in Grimsby. Much cheaper than elsewhere.
If there is oil in the connection already (the cam magnets are leaking ) , you may well get an engine management light soon when the oil messes with the electrical signals . Even with the blockers

If there is oil in the connection already (the cam magnets are leaking ) , you may well get an engine management light soon when the oil messes with the electrical signals . Even with the blockers
Thanks W1ghty - will keep a close eye on this and regularly check the connectors for oil. At present there is just a trace.

Hur kan man få bort oljan på bästa sätt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom