M272 sudden loss of power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingpin!

Car
R350 (W251) & R350 (V251)
I recently replaced the balance shaft and all that goes with it at the local dealer. The car is running fine after this apart from 2 times during quite hard acceleration, then for a *very* brief moment (it felt like someone pressed a switch and then almost immediately turned it on again). If it was a F1 start I would have lost a position or 2 but again, a very brief moment.

Anyone knows what this can be?

Not a loss of traction (actual or TCS)?

No, a loss of power or something but not traction control, grip has been perfect (if that is what you meant?).

I recently replaced the balance shaft and all that goes with it at the local dealer. The car is running fine after this apart from 2 times during quite hard acceleration, then for a *very* brief moment (it felt like someone pressed a switch and then almost immediately turned it on again). If it was a F1 start I would have lost a position or 2 but again, a very brief moment.

Anyone knows what this can be?

Bump?

Still have this problem (have happened multiple times). It can happen when I come with some speed into a stoplight (which is green), brake some to take the corner and then on with acceleration again. But it has happened during straight and normal acceleration from a standstill as well.

It sounds exactly like the problem I had with my m112 which a maf fixed.
Could also be a sticking/badly adjusted brake light switch.

You need it on a Star. It's guesswork otherwise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom