M3 Driver gets his rightful dues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudu

MB Enthusiast
Car
05 C200K Sport Edition (Kleemann)
I was cruising along the A38 today at 70mph in the C55, when a BMW came flying up behind me. I put on my brakes as he was far to near to my rear bumper, so he pulled back then overtook me sticking his 2 fingers up as he went by. The BMW must have been an M3 as it had 4 black tailpipes on an 04 plate, and obviously wanted to race me. As he carried on up the dual carriageway with his brake lights on tailgating other drivers, i just knew something was going to happen. Some 15 mins later i noticed the flashing lights of a police car in a layby, and what great joy it was to see this idiot had got his rightful dues.
Made my day, and smiled as i drove by, whether he saw me or not, Must have felt a right idiot.:bannana:

Any excuss to use your new brakes :)

He obviously picked that very special moment to publically humiliate himself!! Bang to rights as they say.

Always good to hear!! :D

Tailgaters - should get 12 month ban. Far more dangerous than speeding on an empty carriageway!!

Any excuss to use your new brakes :)

Thanks. They have bedded in quite nicely - certainly notice the difference in stopping power. Poor wifey nearly headbutted the dashboard yesterday, when a cyclist pulled out in front off me - i am confident they now work.

Luckily the Police didn't see you brake test him or you may have been the one pulled over...

Let's hope the M3 driver learns from his experience.

Luckily the Police didn't see you brake test him or you may have been the one pulled over...

It's really hard to ignore someone driving at speed really close behind you. And yes, i probably over reacted to the situation. Guess it just one of the not so pleasant experiences of owning a 55 as every idiotic driver wants to race you all the time. Must admit to having fun with a few saxo's and golf's occasionally, especially the ones with all the bodykits, strected tyres and loudest exhaust systems in the world. In a safe way of course, and keeping to legal speed limits?

Last edited:
everybody should keep their distance if you drive tailgating other motorists then you pay the price with a speeding fine and points on your licence

Why? I am sure Ozzie saw a rabbit about to dart into the road and applied preventative measure to ensure he didn't endanger the life of a poor defenseless furry animal................oh and the rabbit too..

Last edited:
everybody should keep their distance if you drive tailgating other motorists then you pay the price with a speeding fine and points on your licence

That's why i hate having to go to London. The M3 and M25 seems to be the norm to tailgate.

Similar thing happened to me today.

I was approaching the end of a dual carriageway when a vehicle sped up behind me and was so close that I couldn't see his lights. I touched my brakes to encourage him to pull back, all it did was to make him put his main beam on. I stood on the brakes.....

He backed off about 50yds and didn't close again over the next 10mls, even as we negotiated round-abouts.

Yes it was a BMW..

Similar thing happened to me today.

I was approaching the end of a dual carriageway when a vehicle sped up behind me and was so close that I couldn't see his lights. I touched my brakes to encourage him to pull back, all it did was to make him put his main beam on. I stood on the brakes.....

He backed off about 50yds and didn't close again over the next 10mls, even as we negotiated round-abouts.

Yes it was a BMW..

Seems BMW drivers have a thing with MB's as they feel the need to get up close. As an ex BMW driver i never felt the need to tailgate other cars.

Then again this could have been the same BMW making his way from you to me. Guy must have been Cornish. (Sorry to all decent Cornish people who might read this thread) Kernow.

When I have a tailgator trying to get in the back of my car I always take the opportunity to wash the windscreen using liberal amounts of fluid. (Only when it does not compromise my own situation you understand).

It's not my fault their shiny car gets wet if it's too close.

As an ex BMW driver i never felt the need to tailgate other cars.

But you knew that one day you would make the change up so didn't need to try to get close to feel the class..

I was cruising along the A38 today at 70mph in the C55, when a BMW came flying up behind me. I put on my brakes as he was far to near to my rear bumper

I just take my foot off the throttle and let the car slow down through friction.

If you brake suddenly them may not and you will end up at the side of the road in a bust up.

The other alternative is just to use you left foor to cover the brake so it lights up the brake lights, but is not slowing the car down.

You were as much at fault as he was and therefore as bad as the other driver.

I was told this piece of advice once regarding tailgaters...

Increase the distance between you and the car in front (i.e. slow down slowly without touching brakes).....he can't hit you if you have no need to slam on the anchors..

But it is blo0dy annoying......:mad: :mad:

How many times do you see drivers being stupid, only to ask yourself "now where was a policeman?".
It's thankful to hear that sometimes they do catch the odd idiot :devil: :)

Darren

I normally just slow down by deceleration : tailgaters are usually in a hurry so this annoys them . Once I have reduced my speed by , say , 10 mph I usually just pop the cruise control on and relax while they get all steamed up behind :devil:

Just fitted the tow bar to the S Class today , so if one of them hits me , he will come off worst .

"Brake test?

Didn't you see that animal run across the road, Officer?"

:devil:

(Then again, Crockers already said the same)

I must read the whole topic before answering
..... ....... ............. . ......................

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom