M4 Camera Protest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have to use that strecth of motorway over w/end - shame about the mobile speed cameras as I fancied having a blast on our long trip... (in the past I always successfully have...) :mad:

Flash

A little bird tells me that the mobile cameras on that stretch are not handing out tickets just doing a survey, not sure I would be willing to prove otherwise mind.

gary

Flash said:
I have to use that strecth of motorway over w/end - shame about the mobile speed cameras as I fancied having a blast on our long trip... (in the past I always successfully have...) :mad:

Flash

I would be carefull about blasting anyware on the M4 the police generally leave it alone but they used to park between 16 - 18 (fastest stretch) and if they did catch you you would be looking at a lot of trouble :(

South Wales Police regularly have a camera van on the motorway bridge just before J35 Pencoed (if travelling westbound).

It's just after a nice long slightly downhill section where you can get up a bit of speed, the bridge appears suddenly after a left hander in the motorway, then bingo your nabbed for clogging it.

The number of times you see cars breaking heavily at this point, it's a wonder more rear end shunts aren't caused by this "safety feature".

Regulars who travel this section are aware of this and take it easy - so it maybe having the desired affect :rolleyes:

Speed Camera M4

To follow up sporty reptile. I live right by the M4 Junction 35 Pencoed. The camera's on the bridge most days. I drove yesterday to Rotherham from South Wales and had Tom Tom on with the speed camera database working.

In South Wales every couple of minutes there is a warning of either a Gatso or Mobile site along the motorway system. When you get into England a warning is a rare event. It seems to me that Wales has been hammered for speed cameras for a long time now on the motorway system especially on the M4. So whats the fuss about?

Before I get the 'BBBaaaaaaa' comments I am english and proud of it!

peterchurch said:
I would be carefull about blasting anyware on the M4 the police generally leave it alone but they used to park between 16 - 18 (fastest stretch) and if they did catch you you would be looking at a lot of trouble :(

WHOA! funny experience to share here....me and a couple of friends were heading down here on our way back from a trip to nottingham in our friends 325ci E46.

He got pulled at 103 on this stretch, took the bollo*king and was let on our way. We stopped for petrol, carried on then got pulled for 80 by the same policecar for speeding to regain traffic, apparently he went up to 86.

let him off on the second one but went absolutely mental!

he he - sorry officer. :crazy:

Over w/end we went up to Swansea - OK I did have a blast and think that I got caught by a mobile van on bridge somehwre on M4 strectch going into Wales - when I saw the van I slammed brakes but was doing 90MPH... on way back I did have alittle bit of fun -I'm certain that the van has clocked me... :eek:

Atr night time when coming back I could not see any mobile units in operation on the bridges ;) ...

Flash

Flash said:
Over w/end we went up to Swansea - OK I did have a blast and think that I got caught by a mobile van on bridge somehwre on M4 strectch going into Wales - when I saw the van I slammed brakes but was doing 90MPH... on way back I did have alittle bit of fun -I'm certain that the van has clocked me... :eek:

Atr night time when coming back I could not see any mobile units in operation on the bridges ;) ...

Flash

They don't come out after dark :) That said I was coming home late the other night and a pair of badgers ran out in front of me :eek: thanks to the BAS/ABS I missed them by about 10 foot unlike the poor b@st@rd in the car on my left :( he bullseyed the pair at about 80 :(

I also had a spring deer run accross the a329 in front of me this week :(

SportsCoupeRich said:
WHOA! funny experience to share here....me and a couple of friends were heading down here on our way back from a trip to nottingham in our friends 325ci E46.

He got pulled at 103 on this stretch, took the bollo*king and was let on our way. We stopped for petrol, carried on then got pulled for 80 by the same policecar for speeding to regain traffic, apparently he went up to 86.

let him off on the second one but went absolutely mental!

he he - sorry officer. :crazy:

That cop was just not interested or had already met his quote or . . . . it was dinner time. Your friend is LUCKY to say the least.

peterchurch said:
They don't come out after dark :) That said I was coming home late the other night and a pair of badgers ran out in front of me :eek: thanks to the BAS/ABS I missed them by about 10 foot unlike the poor b@st@rd in the car on my left :( he bullseyed the pair at about 80 :(

I also had a spring deer run accross the a329 in front of me this week :(

That must have one hell of a mess - I thought that all the dead flies/bugs/insects littered all over my car from the drive/blast were bad enough... :eek: and the next morning had to wash the car again.

Flash

I was traveling home tonight at 8.30pm along the M4 having 'fun' with another car when I spotted a transit van on the crest of the hill with red and white stripes with a black top section.

Slammed on the anchors to try and save me going to prison, only to find out it was a broken down OAP ambulance!!!

I needed a stiff drink after that! :crazy:

Flash said:
That must have one hell of a mess - I thought that all the dead flies/bugs/insects littered all over my car from the drive/blast were bad enough... :eek: and the next morning had to wash the car again.

Flash

I must admit I did not stop to help the driver :( I did not fancy having to deal with a pissed off badger if there was anything left of them :(

There are only a few approaved places that they are able to stop and set up shop so if you visit the swindon and wiltshire site they will tell you the positions of them :) Its made my life much easier so far :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom