m4a comand w204 NTG4.5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

samosaa

Car
C250
I've tried to play m4a format files in my 2012 W204 via SD card (Sandisk Ultra 32GB), I have NTG4.5.
Comand see's each of the file but it looks like the unit is seeking/skipping through them very quickly.
I recently updated my map using the same SD card which is using FAT32 File system format.

I've tried via a 32GB USB stick but this also presents the same problem as above.

I've removed special characters from the files but it is still failing to play. sample filenames below:
01 Dance Monkey.m4a
01 Ocean Drive.m4a
01 Señorita.m4a
10 Break Ya Neck.m4a
01 Look At Her Now.m4a
01 Starboy (feat. Daft Punk).m4a
01 Starboy (feat. Daft Punk).m4a

I've converted all the above to mp3 for now and hoping they will work tomorrow, but does anyone know why m4a is not working?
I'd appreciate any help in getting m4a working.
thanks.

I have a feeling that the NTG4 systems didn’t like the Apple format. I had to convert everything to MP3 on my old car although my current car works fine with Apple formats.

MP3's work fine on my NTG4.5 on an SD card.

MP3 works fine, I just wanted to use m4a as this is how my playlists get downloaded.

I’ll just convert them to mp3 for now.

I have a feeling that the NTG4 systems didn’t like the Apple format. I had to convert everything to MP3 on my old car although my current car works fine with Apple formats.
It was NTG4.7 that first supported the Apple formats like mp4a.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom