M6 this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
While on the motorway this morning traffic was dire due to a lorry and a Transit having tangled on the opposite carriageway rolling the transit and ripping the corner of the cab off the lorry.
then just as were crawling along the turbo blew on the Vauxhall Zafira behind me engulfing us in smoke.

Quite an entertaining trip to work today.

so a great result then.......one less vauxhall cluttering the roads :bannana::bannana:

There is no sight quite like the turbo blowing up.

Happened to me once on the M1 in a Transit, I'd not even realised! People were pulling up alongside me pointing to the back of the van, I thought they were being funny so I just pointed back at them. Until I looked in my wing mirror.....

There is no sight quite like the turbo blowing up.

Happened to me once on the M1 in a Transit, I'd not even realised! People were pulling up alongside me pointing to the back of the van, I thought they were being funny so I just pointed back at them. Until I looked in my wing mirror.....

I had that when the engine blew on a Vx Cavalier. The only difference was I knew but carried onto the services.

I'd not even realised! People were pulling up alongside me pointing to the back of the van, I thought they were being funny so I just pointed back at them.

LOL!

A friend of mine, Kelvin (the unluckiest person on earth and likend by some to "Trigger") was driving a truck load of car Fulmen batteries on the motorway.
He's a timid guy but eventually started giving people the "V" and mouthing words to that effect, after so many were drawing alongside him and pointing to his truck.
He couldn't see it initially, but after a while realised the load was well ablaze. :D

With a name like KELVIN , there had to be some heat around !

I sawa bmw e60 5 series catch fire on the m6 just passed j29.. a lot of smoke was coming out of it forabout a mile. Dopy cow didnt realis...guess she doesnt use her mirrors for over a minute. Oncethe engine was on fireshe was a little more attentive. The ultimate driving machine..welll if you want first degree burns bavaria serve up a hot range of motors

With a name like KELVIN , there had to be some heat around !

I'm afraid poor Kelvin is a walking disaster. He's a mix of Trigger and Frank Spencer.

Haven't seen him for probably 10 years now but some of the things that have happened to him include..

Being run over on the A34 Kingsway in Cheadle and then pursued for damages to the car that hit him.

Re-striped a (I think) metallic XR2 (I think the car was a two-door) and decided to remove the stripes a few weeks later, starting with a long rear quarter panel. = Respray.

When a trucker, ate three large bags of Planters Dry-Roasted peanuts without having anything to drink. = Vomitting in the cab and ill for days afterwards.

Bought a brand new Triumph (TR5 or TR6) from Royles in Cheadle and wondered what the red light (oil) on the dash was, but ignored it until the engine died.

Bought a new, expensive high-powered motor bike and spent a lot of money on a very substantial lock and chain to stop the bike from being stolen.
Chained the machine to a sturdy fence post. Fence post made of wood. = Bike gone!

Let someone have a test drive of a car/motorbike he was selling. = Stood there for an age waiting for them to return. Never saw it again.

In his favour. He's a nice guy and a pretty good snooker player.

Last edited:
Paul you've just reminded me of a good anecdote.

A couple of years ago me and a friend had been playing football at the local sports hall and decided to go and have an hour in the jacuzzi straight afterwards.

As I was getting myself comfy, it felt like the jacuzzi wasn't working correctly, so I said to a lad sat opposite to me "is that jet near you open?"

His reply was "how the bloody hell should I know, I don't drive"

Paul you've just reminded me of a good anecdote.

A couple of years ago me and a friend had been playing football at the local sports hall and decided to go and have an hour in the jacuzzi straight afterwards.

As I was getting myself comfy, it felt like the jacuzzi wasn't working correctly, so I said to a lad sat opposite to me "is that jet near you open?"

His reply was "how the bloody hell should I know, I don't drive"

Can't remember the last time I saw a Jet petrol station. I supposed the profitable ones were bought by one of the big-four.

A similar crossed-wire happend to me at a GTG at Lichfield.

We were waiting for TimSkemp to arrive. I was going to get something from my car and Bobby Dazzler asked me to look out for Tim in the car park.

I'd never met Tim before, but a car the same as Tims car pulled in to the car park and I walked over to the driver and said..

"Tim, is it?"

"Quarter past seven mate".

"Oh, right, thanks for that". :eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom