M6 upgrade 50mph limit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanS320

Car
W221 S320
I appreciate I'm probably the dullest person on the forum for suggesting it but I very nearly got the magic 50mpg for the stretch of M6 50mph limit jct 10-13ish. It would be interesting to see what others get for that consistent stretch.

That's a lardy 07 221, surely I'll see some magical figures from newer kit.

Face it, you have nothing more interesting to do on the m6.

The merc was on shell premium diesel... I haven't quite figured out if it's % better against % price but I'm seeing numbers over never seen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 26
IanS320 said:
I appreciate I'm probably the dullest person on the forum for suggesting it but I very nearly got the magic 50mpg for the stretch of M6 50mph limit jct 10-13ish. It would be interesting to see what others get for that consistent stretch. That's a lardy 07 221, surely I'll see some magical figures from newer kit. Face it, you have nothing more interesting to do on the m6. The merc was on shell premium diesel... I haven't quite figured out if it's % better against % price but I'm seeing numbers over never seen.

For a start I don't believe you managed to do 50 mile per hour on the M6 perhaps 20miles per hour :) Bloody miles and miles of road works on the M6 and M1 will it ever be finished

Just me ?

Yes iv notice I get 45mph out of my e350 as you said nothing else to do but check things out on the dash.
On the subject of the 50mph stretch of M6 it seems that its only me doing 50mph, does any one ever got a ticket for speeding on here ?

Every time I do the run I'm desperate to know the exact figure that incurs a fine in the 50mph ave speed zones.
I think we all think 86mph (true) is the magic figure on the motorway.
My phone told me my merc speedo was pretty much 100%. I've been driving on the basis it's 10% down...

Every time I do the run I'm desperate to know the exact figure that incurs a fine in the 50mph ave speed zones.
I think we all think 86mph (true) is the magic figure on the motorway.
My phone told me my merc speedo was pretty much 100%. I've been driving on the basis it's 10% down...

I have a letter today for doing 88 on the A27....First speeding in at least 20 years (although if I am honest, I may have inadvertently exceeded higher on more than 1 occasion, just not been caught. Maybe as much as 89?....lol. Bu**er was hiding in trees. May ask for picture, and calibration cert, but experience years ago taught me that if you dispute it, you get bigger fine and more points).

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom