M60 joining the M56

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kurtdaley

Car
Evoque HSE Dynamic & Mini Cooper
I just came off the M60 onto the M56 when 2 cars (white seat cupra and silver ML) joining the Motorway from the slip road racing, came flying onto motorway I had to brake hard as the seat cut straight across all lanes and into outside lane in front of me, and the ML nearly went into the side of me.
Proper sh1t me up, after I pulled into inside lane the ML flew past me and sat right on the seats tail, closest I've come to a crash in a long time, still shaking now.
Muppets of the highest order, why are there never any police around to see these things?

I just came off the M60 onto the M56 when 2 cars (white seat cupra and silver ML) joining the Motorway from the slip road racing, came flying onto motorway I had to brake hard as the seat cut straight across all lanes and into outside lane in front of me, and the ML nearly went into the side of me.
Proper sh1t me up, after I pulled into inside lane the ML flew past me and sat right on the seats tail, closest I've come to a crash in a long time, still shaking now.
Muppets of the highest order, why are there never any police around to see these things?

The junction is almost certainly covered by CCTV - report it and see if you can get the tossers prosecuted.

If you got numbers at all , I'd report them anyway . Chances are they upset other drivers as well - enough reports from different motorists and the police ought to follow this up , maybe looking at roadside cameras for evidence . At the very least the incident should be logged and taken into consideration if either or both of them are caught for anything else .

They might even be criminals on the run from a more serious crime and be wanted .

The junction is almost certainly covered by CCTV - report it and see if you can get the tossers prosecuted.

Who do I report it to though??
Didn't think the police could do anything unless a crime has took place.

Who do I report it to though??
Didn't think the police could do anything unless a crime has took place.

No the police will investigate if you have the numbers and check local cctv for evidence and if they find any they will prosecute, it just usually needs someone to point them in the right direction

Unless they have photographers to hassle, or overbridges to sit on.

No the police will investigate if you have the numbers and check local cctv for evidence and if they find any they will prosecute, it just usually needs someone to point them in the right direction

Didn't have time to get numberplates, it happened so fast.

Didn't have time to get numberplates, it happened so fast.

Give them the time and location of the incident anyway , they can scan through CCTV recordings and may pick them up .

I don`t think you can do something about it. This is UK ...where the law is ... ZERO ! Most of drivers in UK don`t know basic stuff, no wonder insurance companies are going crazy with pricing. They should do! I`m so happy I leave Uk this october for good and don`t have to drive anymore in uk. All these kids in "jap cars" think they own the road. Where the police ?! What police !? What law !? :wallbash:

Even when you have evidence on film the police will not act. Witness the number of times you are watching TV and spot someone not wearing a seatbelt (obviously not in a film or drama). Who do you report it to? And will they take any notice? What do I mean? In the opening sequence of The Apprentice Alan Sugar is filmed in the back of his car not wearing a seatbelt...breaking the law...who do you call? There are many examples...observe and see for yourself.

I tried reporting this to the police to see what would happen. Their response was that it would be hard to prove when the offence took place.!!

Their response was that it would be hard to prove when the offence took place.!!

They obviously have no knowledge of broadcast video , nor that they could seize the rushes and simply look at the timecode !

Even when you have evidence on film the police will not act. Witness the number of times you are watching TV and spot someone not wearing a seatbelt (obviously not in a film or drama). Who do you report it to? And will they take any notice? What do I mean? In the opening sequence of The Apprentice Alan Sugar is filmed in the back of his car not wearing a seatbelt...breaking the law...who do you call? There are many examples...observe and see for yourself.

I tried reporting this to the police to see what would happen. Their response was that it would be hard to prove when the offence took place.!!

I'm thinking they would just laugh at me.

The wife reported some one in a transit van a few years ago which cut her up the police did phone back for wife to go & make a complaint.

OP, you're not alone. It happens every minute of every day. That junction has no cameras (M60 onto M56)

Its a death trap. Cars speed up to join the carriagway and cars slow to get off the carriageway. I've complained countless times.

You have cars coming from Princess Parkway trying to exit at Northenden and you have cars coming from the M60 trying to get onto the M56.

This is all happening at speeds of 50 - 70mph!!

Check it out on google maps - type in: Princess Pkwy

OP, you're not alone. It happens every minute of every day. That junction has no cameras (M60 onto M56)

Its a death trap. Cars speed up to join the carriagway and cars slow to get off the carriageway. I've complained countless times.

You have cars coming from Princess Parkway trying to exit at Northenden and you have cars coming from the M60 trying to get onto the M56.

This is all happening at speeds of 50 - 70mph!!

Check it out on google maps - type in: Princess Pkwy

The turn off for Northenden off the Princess parkway is like a lottery, had a few near misses there over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom