Mac OS X Lion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oli

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro
What a waste of £20.99!!, all it has done is made my MBP run slower and take up more space on it, also I can't get all the software that I had before working correctly, the reverse scrolling thing is a pain too.

Is there any way to go back to Snow Leopard?.

The only good thing about it is I downloaded iMessage beta so I now can use iMessage on my mac which is pretty handy.

Shame I like it, but it is a pain some of my old programmes don't work on it.
Do you have your original discs, and do you do a time machine backup?
I think that a reload is the only option, if you can't live with it.

I do have a time machine back up and I'm sure my back up discs will be in the box it came in somewhere, I'm going to give it a few days to see if the performance improves as it could be just due to a fresh install, if not then I'm going to try and go back to SL.

Do you the magic mouse or a tracker pad?
The tracker pad is much easier to use.

It took some adjusting to Lion, but after a week you get used to it.

As for reverse scrolling; simply select mouse/trackpad from system preferences and uncheck 'scroll direction; natural'.

For good measure, Mountain Lion becomes available this Summer.

I was holding off upgrading to Lion as I had my doubts whether or not my Linux programs would still run via X11 ... Then I just went for it :rolleyes: and am glad I did: now, a few months later, I can't even remember, why I wanted to scroll down, when I needed to move things up :bannana: I did not see any speed decrease neither on my MBPro17 (8/512SSD) nor on wife's MBAir11 (4/128SSD), if anything mine is probably a bit faster, although on rare occasions, when I need to shut it down, it does take slightly longer than before.

Like spinaltap said, you'll get used to it pretty soon :cool:

One thing I have done is download the iMessage Beta for OSX as I use iMessgae on my iPad quite a bit, it's weird how it comes up on both devices at once, it's good being able to text message friends with iPhones straight from my desktop though.
It does seem to be a bit smoother now and I've got most things working that I need to, the exception is PeerGuardian which doesn't seem to be working at all, I don't suppose anyone can reccomend another program that does the same job that works on Lion could they?.

I'm waiting for the completly new model MBP range to come out this year, I'm not going to bother getting Mountain Lion until I get a new computer.

Rumor has it that Lion was such a c*ck up that Apple are considering withdrawing their OsX server offerings altogether... which would make sense as in recent years they've withdrawn their RAID offerings, then their xServe hardware....

What was more interesting (to me at least) is that Apple want to "focus on the consumer more" - and as such, are also looking at canning they ACSA certification!

M.

I've preferred Apples computers for the last few years but after seeing Lion and the fact that they have only been making performance updates to their machines rather than making new models makes it look like they are being a bit complacent and neglecting their computer range a bit to focus on iPhones and iPods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom