Mac Vs PC: A Microsoft Perspective

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Just stumbled across this microsite...
PC vs Mac: The PC has Blu-ray capability, more software choices, and more!

Some extracts:
Macs can take time to learn.
Macs don't work as well at work or at school.
Macs might spoil your fun.
Macs don't like to share.
Macs might not like your PC stuff.
Macs don't let you choose.

You can't get a Mac with a Blu-ray player, TV tuner, Memory Stick reader, or built-in 3G wireless. PCs running Windows 7 often come with features that aren't available on even the highest end Macs, including Blu-ray, eSATA, multi-format card readers, Touch, and mobile broadband.

Sounds like Microsoft is getting worried!

I've got both Mac's & PC; I slightly prefer PCs simply because I have more control over what I can do... but that's a personal preference like what religion I choose...

Anyhow, thought you'd like to see the site..

M.

This is interesting - long gone are Microsoft's replies of "Apple who?" when asked about competition with them.

Still, in the grand scheme of things, Apple is still a small player in the computer/laptop market compared to the dominance of Windows PC's. I doubt they have to worry just yet.

I like both machines, and in a perfect world I'd have a Mac, but they are just too darned expensive for me :(

If Apple really want to make in impact, they need to release an OS that'll install in generic Windows hardware. They seem unwilling to do this (I don't blame them really, to be able to control hardware like they do, it must remove an untold amount of complications) - so I doubt they will ever become the dominant player in this respect.

This is interesting - long gone are Microsoft's replies of "Apple who?" when asked about competition with them.

Still, in the grand scheme of things, Apple is still a small player in the computer/laptop market compared to the dominance of Windows PC's. I doubt they have to worry just yet.

I like both machines, and in a perfect world I'd have a Mac, but they are just too darned expensive for me :(

If Apple really want to make in impact, they need to release an OS that'll install in generic Windows hardware. They seem unwilling to do this (I don't blame them really, to be able to control hardware like they do, it must remove an untold amount of complications) - so I doubt they will ever become the dominant player in this respect.

I too don't think Apple will ever become dominant with their current model - that said, I wouldn't be surprised if they change model the day that Jobs retires...

The only reason I have a (few) macs is that in a previous life I was an apple sysadmin, and my employer allowed me to keep my development machines when I resigned. I don't think I would ever buy a mac these days... not purely because of the price (if they were worth the extra money then I would understand) but because I cannot justify the extra money for essentially a Lian-Li case, some intel hardware and a *nix OS. (oh, and a company that is VERY difficult to work with from a corporate perspective)

That said, Apple to have my attention when it comes to mp3 devices and PDA/phones....

M.

My reasoning for wanting a Mac isn't actually anything to do with the hardware, it's purely a software thing. In my line of work the software I use on windows compared to whats available on the Mac is very different. What I used on OS X was outstanding, where as windows alternatives tend to be extremely flaky.

I do love the upgradability of windows machines though, my dream is to have an apple OS that'll run on standard generic hardware.

I did try the OSX86 stuff, but in the long term it wasn't that great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom