Mad Man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goldestate

Sometimes I post on here and I accept I fall into the trap of being cynical but somethings snapped today, its just been one of those days and I post a picture for you to consider this is according to MB surface corrosion and yes that is in writing from them thats along with all the other bodged repairs,attempts to charge for work not needed, lies that new wings have been fitted when they were clearly not and yes I have paperwork that says clearly I have had new front wings fitted, I can assure you I haven't and yes they are rusty again oh and incidentally my car had a B service the week before the subframe picture was taken and not a word was said this is the reality of owning a MB and having full MBSH you are treated like S***t and boy I have had enough.

Chassis
Chassis
ChassisCorrosion002.jpg
goldestate

Last edited:
Hi, what model car are you talking about ? & your pictures aren't showing

th_CorrosionNSWing001.jpg
th_CorrosionNSWing004.jpg

th_CorrosionNSWing003.jpg

This is described as surface corrosion clearly it is not its under the paint and caused by painting over rust a poor repair on what I was told was a new wing.

Nick thanks I will try and correct my posting of pictures

Last edited:
The subframe is certainly past its sell by date ! But i'm afraid to say the correct description of the wings is 'surface corrosion', unfortunately something Mercedes seem to excell at ! I'm convinced this is all to do with this crappy modern water based paint,that & the fact that we expect better from a top marque brand.

Well thanks for the grammar lessons.
The correct description of surface corrosion which this is not is ;

Corrosion forming on the surface of a metal as you can see the surface is paint.
It's correct description is edge corrosion caused by poor preparation
remember I was told I had new wings fitted by a MB dealership and i have the paperwork to prove.

Suggest you go & tell them the error of their ways,either that or complain to HQ at Milton Keynes.
Surface rust describes rust on the outer surface of the metal, i.e. not having eaten its way through from the inside.

.....and if that doesn't work then stand outside MB World in Brooklands with a printed sandwich board of your photos etc - that should get some attention. Shocking photos of the rust, unbelievable on any car other than an old fiat or alfa.

.....and if that doesn't work then stand outside MB World in Brooklands with a printed sandwich board of your photos etc - that should get some attention. Shocking photos of the rust, unbelievable on any car other than an old fiat or alfa.

Most 210 subframes look like that, you can get a repair piece to weld on.

And compared with many the arches don't look too bad either.

Yeah, just like the Lancia guy did back in the late 70s when I was working as PR guy for Lancia! (it worked, we refunded him in the end!)

Subframe problem is well known on the 210 and is caused by water sitting on top of the plastic engine under tray easily prevented by drilling a few holes here and there.

Lynall

The main points of my ill grammared (is there such a word) rant put more succinctly.
1. The pictures of the wing, it is supposed to be a two year old new one replaced by Mercedes Benz (I have the paperwork)
2. The reply from MB Milton Keynes in writing is that all the rust on my car is surface rust IT IS NOT I have this in writing from one of the worlds foremost experts on corrosion.
3. The subframe again it is described as surface rust B******S.
4. The picture was taken just after a B service when I trusted MB to service and inspect my car and in particular I would hope look for known structural and potentially catastrophic faults.
5. The car has full Mercedes Benz service history.
6. Yes it is being pursued but I don't like having to that is why I am ANGRY the lawyers love it but I don't!

b61c6b1b.jpg

A nice picture of surface ( ie the outermost layer) corrosion the unprotected steel has corroded there is no paint or other protection it is entirely different to car bodywork and unlike my subframe it has not rotted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom