Made it to Italy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GP801

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2003 W209 CLK, 2005 R171 SLK, Volvo XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro EV
Following on from the furry animal thread I made it to Italy with no problems. It ran perfectly all the way. The weather in France was awful but in Italy it was glorious. Stopped in Bologna for lunch with our daughter and then on to tuscany. Car cleaned and as promised some pictures Hope this works - first attempt at this sort of thing.

Attachments

• P1000759.jpg
    P1000759.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 343
  • P1000774.jpg
    P1000774.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 352
Will try and post some more later.

Well done for bothering with the beam deflectors.
Wheels go nice with the car.

Looking good, how many cases of wine can you get in one of those?:)

whats the spec on those wheels and tyres and would they fit on mine?
your car must be in superb condition if you have driven to italy and given it a quick wash for it to look that good:thumb:

Very attractive car! Enjoy your trip.

Thank you for the kind comments.
It spends 9 months of the year in Italy so the beam benders are necessary.
The wheels are genuine 124 AMGs obtained off e-bay following a post on here. I think by dw124. Tyres are Kleber Quadraxer all season because have to have winter tyres or chains from November to mid April.
It holds lots of wine - mostly reds. There are lots of local producers of high quality reds at reasonable prices.
Oddly enough in our village of 250 people there is another 124 estate in pearl grey on old style italian plates from Roma. Also a 200 manual in basic spec apart from full climate control.
Anyway a few more pics.

Attachments

• P1000773.jpg
    P1000773.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 301
  • P1000776.jpg
    P1000776.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 306
  • P1000763.jpg
    P1000763.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 300
whats the spec on those wheels and tyres and would they fit on mine?
your car must be in superb condition if you have driven to italy and given it a quick wash for it to look that good:thumb:

Yes they will fit any 124. Pretty rare to find second hand so I am really grateful to dw124 who posted the link on here last year.
Tyres are 225/45/17. It rides a bit firmer than on the old 15s but not at all harsh.
I am pretty obsessional about my cars. It stands out all year round but has lots of autoglym on the paintwork so its pretty easy to clean.

You can tell how obsessional as I have a rubber mat over the ribbed overmat on the drivers side!

That car looks a peach mate

Lovely car in the most beautiful of settings, I can't wait till I get the chance to go to Italy...:)

Godetevi il vostro soggiorno e non sono tutti gelosi! (I think that's right...)

Lovely car in the most beautiful of settings, I can't wait till I get the chance to go to Italy...:)

Godetevi il vostro soggiorno e non sono tutti gelosi! (I think that's right...)

Grazie. The car will stay in Tuscany until december. I am now back in the UK but our next trip to Tuscany is in about 6 weeks. We plan to move there once we are retired.

Thank you. There is still a little while to go yet. I have 7 years until retirement. The wife has 4.

Looking excellent.

The clear side repeaters work well with the silver bodywork.

Is it a true sportline? I take my clue from the gear lever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom