Madness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
R2 performed wonderfully again over Christmas. We got 32mpg over 1250 miles to Scotland which included snow, rain, salt, more rain! Obviously the car is filthy and therefore the easy option was to go to the local car wash but I know they won't do it properly so instead I'm several hours into a mid winter detail and I'm freezing! I must be mad :)

Sane, I'd say.

Gotta get the crud off.

But crud protects the paintwork...doesn't it? I'll let you know on July 6th...when I'm next due to wash the car (whether it needs it or not).

Just ask them to blast the car with a pressure washer to get the dirt off.

Just ask them to blast the car with a pressure washer to get the dirt off.

Too late for that! I've done the interior, I've washed the outside with a power hose. I've hand washed the car using Zymol Autowash, then I've power hosed it again. Then I've shamied it and towelled it and now I'm having lunch. Polishing after lunch!

Too late for that! I've done the interior, I've washed the outside with a power hose. I've hand washed the car using Zymol Autowash, then I've power hosed it again. Then I've shamied it and towelled it and now I'm having lunch. Polishing after lunch!

Sounds good. Do you have a garage or does the car live outside?

She'll do for now!

DSCF6926_zps4ba18db6.jpg

Greg - what you need is a rotary polisher to complete the job. I think I still have one somewhere........
Happy New year to you and your family.

Next time you feel so brave, come and do mine in Glasgow in all those lovely conditions you mention ;)

I'll treat you to a Yadgar curry with the other lads as a reward :)

I'd have done the same, except polishing the car.

I wouldn't crack out the rotary/PC in the middle of Winter to strip off all the sealant/wax I applied to remove a few swirls and then apply it all again!

Just washed mine a few days a go, full inside/out, even removed the spare wheel to clean and dress it and it's little cubby hole. I'm just dying for Spring to come so I can bust out the machine and get shiny. :D

Last edited:
I'd have done the same, except polishing the car.

I wouldn't crack out the rotary/PC in the middle of Winter to strip off all the sealant/wax I applied to remove a few swirls and then apply it all again!

Just washed mine a few days a go, full inside/out, even removed the spare wheel to clean and dress it and it's little cubby hole. I'm just drying for Spring to come so I can bust out the machine and get shiny.

I'm just drying for Spring ………..Good one; you can't fool us. It might be windy in Edinburgh but the wind is full of rain. Apart for that special 20 minutes in June, of course!

^^^
Fixed, :lol:

It was actually nice and dry today, not that cold or windy either. Just saw the weather and it does appear the next three days are going to bring strong winds and heavy rain so back to normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom