MAF. Damper. 2 problems.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sam-orr

1. My MAF sensor is on its way out, cleaned it, worked well for two days now playing up again.
- Do I buy a Bosch one? £165?
- Do I buy an OEM eBay job?
Any experiences with either?
2. Does my 1998 W202 C200 2.0l need a damper On the tensioner???

Please help!!!

I can only speak from my experiences and i would not buy a cheap copy i think its false economy.

Tony.

^+1 Bosch only or more trouble,from experience too.

I bought a pierburg one off ECP and it worked 100% with no issues..
Remember you get 25% discount if you mention this forum !

+1
They are only about £50 from ECP without the site discount

Cheers guys!

Is that ECP euro car parts?

Do you qualify for discount on Bosch ones?

From my experience DONT BUY CHEAP they will fail. ! I bought the cheaper one from ECP and it failed after 4 weeks.! I then got a car diagnostic done for £30 to prove it had failed and went back to ECP ready for a heated discussion. However I told them it failed and I didnt want my money backl just the more expensive BOSCH and pay the difference and they changed no problem, so I wasted the diagnositic fee ! never mind.

You mentioned that you cleaned it and then it went bad again, is this because its getting oil on it ? or is it dry inside?

Also whats the discount guys have mentioned from using this site, how does it work?

Last edited:
ECP Discount available to all members here. On check out for click and collect enter MBCLUB 25,this covers all of their products.

ECP Discount available to all members here. On check out for click and collect enter MBCLUB 25,this covers all of their products.

Many thanks for that

+1
They are only about £50 from ECP without the site discount

Iv bought one of those also for my ML. Its definately made a difference but problems on my car are a bit different then just the MAF.

There is only one MAF for Mercedes and it is BOSCH don't go cheap its not worth it.

My mercedes E320CDI MAF was made by Pierburg I am on my third one in 2 years and the last 2 came from mercedes:confused::confused:

Just to clear this up,Diesels(320CDI) uses a Pierburg MAF.
The op has a W202 petrol and that uses a Bosch MAF.

I was suggesting that if the ECP part is a pierburg manufacture and they make OE albeit for the diesels, it cant be bad enough to discount it can it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom