MAF. Help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Redstev

Car
C180
Hi everyone. Apologise in advance if I'm asking daft questions I'm new to Mercedes ownership and not the most mechanically minded.

Engine management light keeps coming on, on my 2003 C180 kommpressor and car seems to be running abit sluggish.

I took the car to indie merc garage for diagnostic test using Launch. It's given me a print out of faults as follows.

P2029-001 self adaption of mixture formation at rich stop tendency of engine towards lean (stored)

P200A-002 B2/5 hot film MAF sensor, short circuit to ground/open circuit in wiring P0102 ( stored and current )

P200A-004 B2/5 hot film MAF sensor, plausibility error mass air flow sensor. Throttle value P0101 (stored and current )

P201b-032 misfiring of cylinder 3 fuel deficiency (stored)

The guy at the garage says I need a new MAF at a cost of £300. Apparently theres a Bosch and a Siemens MAF and I need the Siemens which is the most expensive. Is this correct ?

And will a new MAF fix the above faults ?

I've only had the car a few weeks and have already spent £400 on the car. And now this and guess what it's not covered in the warranty.

Sorry for long winded message

Regards

Stressed merc owner

It could be an induction air leak caused by a split breather pipe.

Hope so as that sounds cheaper..

I'll have a look but not sure what I'm looking for.

Cheers

Well dieselman your hunch might be right..

Took car to another indie merc garage and they lifted the bonnet and could hear a hissing noise and have diagnosed a split pipe. So fingers crossed this fixes the problem.

Thanks very much for your help.

Well dieselman your hunch might be right..

Took car to another indie merc garage and they lifted the bonnet and could hear a hissing noise and have diagnosed a split pipe. So fingers crossed this fixes the problem.

Thanks very much for your help.

Any chance you could let mika and the C63 Buddies know... :D

It will be the one under the air filter box.

Think that's the one. Apparently common problem, it's just hard to get to..

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom