MAF Horror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

recycled

MB Enthusiast
:mad:
Hi all.For the past two weeks, i have been getting the usual Maf on the way out signals.,Not starting from cold, needing 2 or 3 turns to fire up, surges when cold, and rubbish m.p.g and idling.
Decided to clean the M.A.F as some others have done with isopropyl. Adverse effects. Car drove fine but would pink and backfire when starting from cold to my horror.
I decided to get a new bosch m.a.f sensor. no 0280217114

Inschape MB 266.88 + vat
eurocarparts manchester 163.15 + vat
deutsche motor parts 156+vat
GSF parts 180+vat
replica not original from moparts 45+vat

shock horror. frustrated i called bosch in the Uk. and got directed to their dealer network

153.18+ vat. i then got a brand new air filter for £10.
Drives and starts like a dream now but i am seriously short of about £200.

But why is there so much price variation. i just do not like the cheap price replica or know how long it will last. at least from bosch i got a year long guarantee

Did you buy just the insert, or the insert with the entire assembly (plastic cylinder with mesh at one end etc)?

That makes a big difference to the price.

The entire assembly + plastic. whenever i change parts i always ask for the total unit.

thanks i'll bear that in mind. I guess i would need the screwdriver to get it out then? i did not know you could get just the inserts. i never was told that option by the dealers obviously

Yes you just need a torx driver to remove it. Well thats the case on mine anyway, just 2 torx bolts and out she comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom