When I fitted a new MAF to my car I took the voltage readings. I took another set of readings yesterday and compared. The MAF has a 3% drop in output voltage when the engine isn't under load, i.e. in neutral. This made me think about bringing the output back to normal, or even a little better, so... today I decided to fit a potentiometer to feedback some of the MAF input signal back into the output. The ECU should see a higher output voltage so should add more fuel as it thinks there is more air available to burn. In turn this should give greater torque output from the engine. Knowing the MAF monitors the EGR valve I needed to be careful to not allow the EGR to operate any differently, so fitted a vacuum gauge to monitor the valve. I found that at idle the valve is closed but as soon as the revs rise over about 900RPM it's open. I fitted the pot into the ECU loom by taking the 5v feed into one side, the MAF output signal into the pot and the return to the ECU from the centre wiper. I then turned it up so that it just didn't interfere with the EGR valve operation. I found the maximum idle voltage for this situation to be 2.25v, as opposed to 1.99v as the MAF was reporting. I've plotted the readings the ECU now sees against the ones it saw before the mod. This is just at the experimental stage at present and I'm going to monitor the feel and results of this mod, but so far my Butt dyno says there is a definite improvement in midrange torque. The turquoise line is the brand new MAF in neutral against engine revs. The brown line is the New MAF under full turbo boost. The green line is the MAF now in neutral. The purple line is the MAF after the mod. I haven't tested it under load this time as that requires a helper to watch as you drive...err..rather quickly.