MAF query.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Certainly can confirm that, as I just had to get my MAF sensor replaced on an E350 after the exact same problem. Replacing them ain't cheap as you can only replace the pipe work with the two sensors mounted on it on many of the newer engines. Unless you want to go hunting down scrap dealers or trying to work out the OEM supplier to Mercedes.

Last edited:
I had a fault with an MAF sensor on an ST I used to have I manged to remove it and clean it with terminal cleaning solution, and to my surprise it worked a treat never gave me a problem till I sold it 2 years later
This was it dirty

And after a clean with solution and some wool buds

Hope you have an easy fix, but if any luck like me then it's going get costly, on this occasion I got jammy but more often than not I get the sh!tt!e end of the stick

By the way what was giving me the problem with MAF was the breather rocker pipe, it was throwing an exsses of oil into the air filter under tight cornering.
So I put an induction kit on my ST and gave the breather pipe it's own catchment chamber

This was what I ended up with and it sounded the Mutts Nutts to.
Cheers
Bren

Hi,
I recently changed my MAF om my E350cdi, while I was changing the MAF I notice that there is a slight oil leak round the base of the breather rocker
Do you guys think that this is what cause the MAF problems ?

Hi,
I recently changed my MAF om my E350cdi, while I was changing the MAF I notice that there is a slight oil leak round the base of the breather rocker
Do you guys think that this is what cause the MAF problems ?

That's what was giving me my problem with the MAF so I feed the breather pipe into its own catchment tank. And it solved my MAF from getting dirty.
Never had a problem with it till I sold it:thumb:

Cheers
Ben:D

The thing is that I don't have a catchment tank, is just the pipe going in to the air masses tubes.

Just changed the breather valve and the pipe today, 150 pound including labor.

The thing is that I don't have a catchment tank, is just the pipe going in to the air masses tubes.

Sorry posted wrong picy that small cylinder thing had a sponge filter in it but was for ever clogging up so I made a catchment chamber myself.
I'd post a picy but can't find it now.
Had replacing the bits solved your problem?
Cheers
Ben:thumb:

Don't know yet, will see in the coming months.
I hope so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom