MAF sensor saga

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Manfriday

Car
2003 E320 Cdi Avantgarde
So, I had a few fault codes throw up on my C270 cdi one of which was the MAF sensor. I replaced it promptly (Cheap ECP sensor) it went wrong, surprise surprise! I have since bitten the bullet and purchased a Bosch from the local Merc dealer. All was going well, but three weeks on it has the management light on again and dropped the RPM below 2500. I haven't got my OBD2 with me at the moment but it feels exactly like the last time? My question is, what would cause the MAF to keep going wrong? Any advise would be really appreciated, money is tight.... as it is for everyone now. Thanks.

It probably won't be the maf again. Unless its a wiring issue. Just because you have codes it does not necessarily mean there is anything wrong. The codes could have been old.

I would have a look at your egr valve and pipes, if they havnt been cleaned since 2004 they are probably half blocked which will affect air flow and may trigger limp mode fault, do diagnostic probably isn't maf ,most faults that put car in limp mode feel same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom