Maf Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djw

Car
S500l
Hi,
Replaced my MAF sensor today and cleaned the EGR Valve and vacuum pipes.
The original problem was car was not accelerating hard, would drive ok but wouldn't exceed 3000rpm.
Do you have to reset the computer after the new sensor is fitted because exact problem still exists.

No reset required.
How did you know the MAF was faulty?

I had similar problem when i was cheeking how my car will work with new throttle body (i suspect that mine is broken), I put throttle body for 220e on mine 200e , engine was working fine, but there was smell of petrol in exhaust gases. Suppose the new throttle body send false information and the mixture was to reach. When I put mine throttle body back I notice that car was not going more then 4000rpm (it was coughing). After ruining the car with 4000rpm for 10 min problem disrepair. I guess that rich mixture make problem either with sparking plugs (make them oily) or with O2 sensor. But if your original problem was that car was not going more than 3000rpm then check the throttle body, clean the air valve and clean the electric contacts (put contact spray). Also put some additive to clean the fuel system. Maybe you have problem with fuel intake. If all this dose not help than go to mechanic.

was the engine limiting the revs when you were driving the car?

I ask because when at standstill the car will not rev above 3/4000 revs for sefety reasons to protect the engine.

sorry i should have said its a 2002 320 cdi e class, When you drive the car in the morning its ok drives perfect whenever you stop switch the car off and go back to drive it 10 - 20 mins later sometimes even after a few minutes the car drives but wont exceed 3000 rpm, no kickdown or hard acceleration. if you leave the car for about 6hrs it ok again until you switch it back off. Someone put a computer on it and said the maf and egr valve. I replaced the sensor and cleaned all the egr and vac pipes but it doing my head in now.

I had similar problem when i was cheeking how my car will work with new throttle body (i suspect that mine is broken), I put throttle body for 220e on mine 200e , engine was working fine, but there was smell of petrol in exhaust gases. Suppose the new throttle body send false information and the mixture was to reach. When I put mine throttle body back I notice that car was not going more then 4000rpm (it was coughing). After ruining the car with 4000rpm for 10 min problem disrepair. I guess that rich mixture make problem either with sparking plugs (make them oily) or with O2 sensor. But if your original problem was that car was not going more than 3000rpm then check the throttle body, clean the air valve and clean the electric contacts (put contact spray). Also put some additive to clean the fuel system. Maybe you have problem with fuel intake. If all this dose not help than go to mechanic.
My e220 behaves the same.It doesnt go beyond 4000rpms and coughs on the run whn tryin to go beyond.One has to be quite rough on throttle,forcing the car to go beyond 4000,and then it does after a couple of tries.Pls help.coz I hv got a new fuel pump,filter,new fuel distributor valve and new injectors.The cars exhaust has the smell of fuel.Gives a rattling start in the morning.Pls help...how u repaired ur car.The mechanic here doesnt guide me honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom