Maffs CL AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
Maff

The car looks gorgeous and I love the double hinged doors, but I'm not too sure about the 16 MPG....still :cool:

I know, done 400 miles now and still only 16MPG, and thats with quite a bit of conservative driving!!

Maff said:
and thats with quite a bit of conservative driving!!

Yes we will believe you mate. :eek: :D

Maff said:
I know, done 400 miles now and still only 16MPG, and thats with quite a bit of conservative driving!!

And what about now you've done some distinctly unconservative driving for the video?

Dieselman said:
And what about now you've done some distinctly unconservative driving for the video?

Those two stints (and one previous to that buy the camera man forgot to turn the camera on :rolleyes: ) averaged 9.1 MPG :crazy: :)

very nice sir :D :cool:

Quality!! Nice one Maff, fantastic car mate.

S.

Maff said:
Those two stints (and one previous to that buy the camera man forgot to turn the camera on :rolleyes: ) averaged 9.1 MPG :crazy: :)

It just gets better and better!! :D :D

Top class Motor

Very nice car, loved the vids. You can't beat the sound of a V8 at full chat :D

Got a mate to video me thrashing my TR7V8 down a quiet street, or so I thought, one of the neighbours called the police - :eek: they said we were being anti-social. Used to get 13Mpg from that car, so 16 from a 5.5 don't sound bad.

Felt quite smug today to learn a work colleague is getting only 23 mpg from a Vauxhall Omega, he was gutted when I told him I'm getting 27-33mpg from the 280. :bannana:

The "clean car" pics are looking good. I thought you had the darkish grey '65 AMG wheels 'till i saw these new pics...oops.

Tan said:
The "clean car" pics are looking good. I thought you had the darkish grey '65 AMG wheels 'till i saw these new pics...oops.

LOL! 19" ones of those are next on my list, can't quite afford the couple of grand they cost yet though! :rolleyes:

Cool tints .... set it off very nicely indeed :D I'm gonna have to go and clean mine now ... !!

sym said:
Cool tints .... set it off very nicely indeed :D I'm gonna have to go and clean mine now ... !!

Just got in from cleaning mine....and its bloomin cold..oh and dark, since the outside light has stopped woorking.

Hi Maff,
Out of the kindness of my heart I'm about to make an offer you cannot refuse, but before I rush into it, here is a copy of a message from another forum....

****I own an E320 CDI. It replaced my E55. Sure, I am an old guy and value comfort over performance, but the diesel is more than just fuel economy.

I find that the engine is very responsive and smooth at virtually any speed. From rest, there is so much torque that takeoffs feel as powerful as my twin turbo twelve CL600. Once underway, acceleration rarely requires the transmission to kick down. In the E55, I always felt that it was all or nothing, either too little acceleration or too much. I appreciate how easy it is to modulate the throttle in the diesel, it feels connected to my foot in an way that few other drive by wire cars can do.

In my E55 I averaged 18 mpg. In my wife's C320 wagon, we averaged 21 mpg and in the diesel we average 33 mpg, so I feel that I am getting 50% better mileage overall than any of my other Mercedes.*****

Now this chap makes reference to the CL600, so out of the kindness of my heart I will swap my high powered, highly responsive 320CDI for your perhaps 'sluggish, thirsty CL55 AMG. Now don't make a hasty decision. Think of all the fuel savings, and 'improved' acceleration. You could even carry your little Golf in the rear compartment.

I have not told my wife about this most generous offer, because she would think I am crazy????

I still am perhaps slighly envious of your very nice car and if perhaps you might turn down this opputtunity of a lifetime then I might have to pester someone with a new E55 AMG Estate :) :)

Bye for now,
John the Envious

R2D2 said:
9.1 may be a new forum record!!

When pulling away with an enthusiastic right foot, my ML dips down to 7.9mpg according to the on board computer/compass thingy! Needless to say I leave it on the average setting where it shows 21mpg pretty much all time except on a run when it goes up!

16mpg from Maff's CL sounds quite good to me considering the CC and power.

Alfie said:
When pulling away with an enthusiastic right foot, my ML dips down to 7.9mpg according to the on board computer/compass thingy! Needless to say I leave it on the average setting where it shows 21mpg pretty much all time except on a run when it goes up!

16mpg from Maff's CL sounds quite good to me considering the CC and power.

Once had a VW Touarag 3.2 V6 down to 4.5mpg on a test drive! Was thinking about seeing what mine would drop to when provoked, but figured that might scare me a bit TOO much :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom