Magic body control...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That is seriously impressive:cool:

I just hope it's a reliable system....

I seem to remember reading its an £8k option and only available on the S500 upwards.

I would not be surprised if this suspension made some people motion sick.

Cue lots of bent alloys from drivers ploughing over speed bumps and pot holes at high speed without realising!

Cue lots of bent alloys from drivers ploughing over speed bumps and pot holes at high speed without realising!

The theory is that it actively extends or retracts the wheel to follow the contour of the hump or dip so there should be less shock loading transmitted into the wheel. That is the theory but there must be limits to the active travel and there must also be limits that what the 3D cameras are able to work out with really deep holes for example.

Also that is going to be one busy system, so going to take a hammering. If it is robust and well sorted all well and good.

However I for one would not fancy being the Beta test site for the Mk I version . Already been through that with early iterations of COMMAND and SBC brakes

Hi all,

the system seems to be very effective, by the look of various videos on the web but... I'm a bit skeptic about being fully-functional all the time, I mean, under all weather and lighting conditions...

Has any of you ticked the MBC option for his/her S-Class?
I'd be grateful if that real-world experience could be shared with us as I'm considering to buy a brand new S500.

Thank you for your precious comments!
Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom